Boston, MA, New York, NY or Washington, DC
As the Client Development Specialist, you will take a lead role in supporting the Intellectual Property and IP Litigation Client Development Manager and team on a wide variety of initiatives in support of revenue-generating and general marketing and visibility opportunities for these practice areas. Specific areas of focus will include but are not limited to pitch and RFP support, coordination of sponsorships and events, legal directory work, research, content management, marketing communications and collateral development, events, and other business development activities.
The Client Development Specialist is responsible for developing a strong understanding of the services provided by the IP Department and IP Litigation Practice and of the clients and industries these groups operate within; will contribute to the needs of the broader Client Development Department’s initiatives and key projects as needed.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supports the preparation of sophisticated, thoughtful and persuasive pitches and contributes to RFP responses by drafting content, coordinating administrative elements, and reviewing substantive content for quality assurance and consistency. At times, may lead responses to particular IP and IP litigation pitches.
- With oversight from the Client Development Manager and in collaboration with the firm’s operations team, supports and, where required, leads the planning and execution of firm events, including seminars, webinars, client entertainment and receptions.
- Plays lead role in the drafting, coordination, review, submission and documentation of the firm’s IP-related legal directory submissions (Chambers USA, Legal 500 etc.) and those that apply to key industries in which the group operations. Prepares lawyers for and oversees the scheduling of related interviews with legal directory researchers.
- Conducts quick-turn research using select databases (Docket Navigator, Lex Machina), and collaborates with library and research services team on fulfilling in-depth research and competitive intelligence analyses about companies, industries, markets, and competitors; helps to develop insights and communicates applicable information to lawyers.
- Responsible for maintaining Intellectual Property Department and Intellectual Property Litigation Practice experience and content in the firm’s content management database (Foundation).
- Acts in conjunction with other Client Development service areas to support marketing communications-related activities.
- Performs special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team, including for example, activities related to onboarding lateral partners and client feedback sessions.
- Displays integrity, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via email and written correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail and quality.
- Strong time management skills to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Experience in a dynamic environment with ability to efficiently manage time and prioritize workload under strict and quickly evolving deadlines.
- Collegial team player with an interest in continuous improvement and growth, and a willingness to collaborate and lend support where needed.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- BA/BS required.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a professional services environment, preferably with a law firm, in a marketing or client development role is required.
Salary: $100,000.00-$110,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 10.25.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt