New York, NY
The Client Development Senior Specialist will work closely with the Transactional Client Development Manager and Director and team on a wide variety of initiatives supporting revenue-generating and general marketing and visibility opportunities for practice and industry groups including Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring, Corporate, Labor & Employment, Life Sciences, Real Estate, Tax and Technology.
Specific areas of focus will include significant contributions to pitches and RFPs, pursuing strategic market and company research, developing compelling and tailored marketing materials, overseeing market visibility and recognition efforts, identifying best practices for events and sponsorships to maximize the firm’s return on investment, and developing technical understanding of clients and industries served by the Transactional Department to help proactively spot burgeoning issues and business trends, leading to identification of business development and/or profile raising opportunities to implement.
The Senior Specialist works collaboratively with attorneys and members of the Client Development Department on key projects to ensure coordination, appropriate leveraging of resources, consistency of approach and effective execution of initiatives.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares sophisticated, thoughtful and persuasive pitch materials and proposals, and plays a central role in coordinating large-scale RFP responses.
- Develops tailored marketing collateral and, in collaboration with Communications team colleagues, ensures that content of materials, including practice descriptions and biographies, meet industry best practices, remain up to date and are written to clearly highlight the unique strengths of each practice area and attorney.
- By analyzing the firm’s current client base by size of company, geography, maturity and industry, helps to identify opportunities to connect internal capabilities and resources in support of revenue generation.
- Leads various aspects of lateral partner onboarding and practice group strategic planning, including initiatives related to the planned growth and expansion of the Corporate practice group.
- In collaboration with the Library, gathers and synthesizes intelligence on companies, industries, marketplaces, and competitors related to new business opportunities and other strategic initiatives; develops insights and communicates recommendations and applicable information to lawyers.
- Supports business development and marketing strategies by monitoring competitors, news intelligence and market data sources to spot trends and identify opportunities to grow visibility for our practices, including outward facing activities such as sponsored events, in-house presentations, professional speaking opportunities and articles, and other publications.
- Serves as liaison for and manages relationships with external organizations that provide thought leadership and market visibility opportunities, advocating for Firm’s inclusion and recognition in programs and events.
- Supports firm events including seminars, webinars, client entertainment and receptions by overseeing the execution of these projects, refining processes and developing best practices.
- Helps oversee the development of critical legal directory and award submissions (Chambers USA, Legal 500, etc.), by evaluating and improving strategy and ensuring high quality responses.
- In collaboration with Public Relations, Communications and Digital Marketing teams, helps identify and promote (internally and externally) deals, matters, client news and other lawyer and practice highlights.
- Helps maintain the firm’s experience and content management database (Foundation) and performs queries and generates reports as needed.
- Provides mentorship, training and guidance for more junior members of the department.
- Performs special projects as requested by Client Development leadership team.
- Displays integrity, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via email and written correspondence, over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills to organize and prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience in a dynamic environment with high expectations for superior client service, professional judgment, attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships across all levels of the organization, and track record of establishing trust and credibility with lawyers in order to understand their needs and deliver thoughtful support.
- Thrives in a collegial team environment with a flexible mindset, eye towards continuous improvement, and willingness to collaborate and lend support where needed.
- Research skills and reasoning ability to turn data into succinct, useful and actionable deliverable for lawyers.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- BA/BS required.
- Minimum of six to eight years of experience in legal environment or professional services marketing and business development role preferred.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 8.27.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt