New York, NY
The Client Billing Specialist will prepare bills in accordance with client guidelines and partner instructions. They will review time and disbursement records and address compliance issues, collaborate with attorneys, clients and colleagues, and address requests and special projects.
- Monitor unbilled inventory for assigned clients and ensure invoices are prepared and finalized promptly.
- Generate billing reports and analysis.
- Review client guidelines and rate arrangements and ensure invoices are compliant.
- Prepare monthly and transactional bills and reports for billing attorney review, incorporate edits and revisions, prepare final invoices, obtain approving signature, post bills and maintain billing files.
- Process transfers, write-offs and adjustments.
- Work closely with partners, legal and support staff to resolve any issues in a timely manner and ensure bills are accurate and complete.
- Work with E-Billing Specialists to ensure successful transmission of invoices.
- Accurately, timely and comprehensively report to management on status of assigned objectives and responsibilities.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 5 years of legal billing experience; Aderant or Elite experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel.
- Organized and attentive to details.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Willing to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines and manage workload.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with attorneys, administrative assistants and clients.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all clients, matters and timekeeper information.
- Must have a desire and dedication to work
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 9.15.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt