CLE Compliance Specialist
New York, NY
Work as a key member of the Firm’s Professional Development & Training (PD&T) Department, with primary responsibility for ensuring compliance with Continuing Legal Education (CLE) requirements for all of the firm’s attorneys.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of CLE compliance rules and requirements in various jurisdictions, and oversee the accreditation, issuance of credit, maintenance of accredited provider status, and communication regarding training and professional CLE opportunities.
- Manage the CLE process and training programs within the Firm’s learning management system and CLE tracking software, including setting up, monitoring and tracking programs and individual attorney credits within those systems. Regularly evaluate CLE procedures, processes, and workflows; recommend and execute changes as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with the PD&T team to coordinate and implement a wide variety of CLE training programs across the firm, including large-scale programs (e.g., programs for incoming associates, conferences, etc.), skills-based workshops, practice-specific sessions, individual training classes, and one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Regularly interface with attorneys to support them in complying with their CLE requirements, encourage and monitor participation in PD&T programs, assist with attorney registration, and respond to CLE questions and issues.
- Create and update forms, FAQs, and other materials that summarize CLE requirements.
- Respond to audits, and apply for and maintain accredited provider status in various jurisdictions.
- Prepare CLE departure packets for attorneys who leave the firm.
- Draft internal communications regarding training and professional development CLE opportunities both within the firm and via external CLE providers such as PLI and City Bar.
- Develop, maintain, and update spreadsheets, charts, databases, and other administrative support to assist the PD&T Department’s tracking of CLE compliance and running of CLE-accredited programs.
- Collaborate with the Firm’s client CLE team to ensure CLE compliance for client/alumni programs and to address individual client/alumni requirements and inquiries.
- Keep PD&T Department members informed regularly of any CLE rules changes, updates, or other issues.
- Support the PD&T Department with other PD&T programming and logistical coordination.
- Comprehensive knowledge of CLE rules and accredited provider requirements for New York and California. Familiarity with CLE rules in other jurisdictions, including reciprocity rules. Ability to accurately and confidently interpret CLE rules and make credit and rule determinations with minimal oversight.
- Experience with effectively communicating with New York and California CLE regulators.
- Proficiency with learning management systems and CLE tracking software (including viDesktop and/or Micron CE Manager).
- Experience compiling New York end of year accredited provider reports as well as New York and California accredited provider renewal applications.
- Excellent communicator, with highly developed interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Strong technical and computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel required. Experience with Micron CE Manager and viDesktop.
- Client services orientation, including ability to work well with supervisors and effectively interface with attorneys at all levels, staff, clients and outside vendors. Highly responsive.
- Team player who works collaboratively.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Candidate must produce work that is accurate and precise, must follow up regularly and appropriately, and must be able to prioritize workload, multitask and work well under pressure.
- Strong work ethic. Motivated and proactive. Takes initiative. Eager to take ownership. Willing to think creatively and independently about the big picture to generate innovative and effective solutions. Must be able to plan ahead, push projects forward, meet deadlines, and stay on top of follow through.
- Comfortable and competent with sensitive and confidential information.
- Prior experience in law firm or other professional services firm preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree.
Date Active: 6.28.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt