Business Intelligence Analyst
New York, NY
Under the supervision of the Senior BI Manager, the analyst will conduct specialized research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and competitors, using a comprehensive variety of resources and a creative approach. The analyst will develop and communicate insightful and actionable business intelligence and provide meaningful recommendations to support business growth and the firm’s competitive position. The qualified individual will have the ability to work well in a collaborative environment, as well as independently.
- Research, analyze and prepare reports on a wide variety of company, business, industry, markets and/or competitor data to support the firm’s business development and strategic initiatives.
- Provide research assistance to lawyers to support practice or client-related projects as assigned.
- Stays current on critical news developments affecting the legal and other industries, key clients and other topics, which may be assigned.
- Keep metrics on work completed for monthly and annual reports.
- Assist in efforts to market the BI Group’s service to firm personnel.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced degree or some equivalent of education and experience with focus on market analysis and business intelligence/financial services research and a minimum of five years of business/competitive intelligence research experience. A knowledge of legal research would be a plus.
- Highly tuned research and analysis skills, with ability to analyze data and draw conclusions and to provide actionable intelligence. Strong understanding of the legal industry and the business environment impacting our clients, is highly recommended.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and distill information from diverse sources and deliver objective, meaningful insights in concise, compelling ways.
- Solid ability working with financial/business, legal/litigation and industry-specific databases and Microsoft products, particularly Word and Excel. Data analysis skills would be a significant asset.
- Thorough knowledge of M&A and private equity transactions and the ability to differentiate between multiple deal types and strategies.
- Ability to work well with staff at all levels of the firm, as well as handle an array of projects, many under tight deadlines and in high-pressure situations.
- Takes a proactive approach to assignments and demonstrates the ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently, with a flexibility and willingness to work extended hours as required.
- Strong sense of urgency, intellectual curiosity and professional dedication, as well as a positive attitude, are expected.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.14.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt