New York, NY
The Specialist plays a dynamic, partner-facing role on a lean, nationwide Litigation BD team, which covers and collaborates with all of the Firm’s primary Litigation practice areas and approximately 300 attorneys.
Principal day-to-day focus is high-level execution of BD and marketing strategies and related projects, including:
- working directly with attorneys as BD lead or co-lead on client proposals and RFPs, as well as related research and other assignments.
- Directory and award submissions;
- managing and directing events and other client-interface situations; and
- administering and overseeing BD collateral and aspects of related processes, including pitch materials/brochures, client communications/alters, and website profiles and practice area discussion.
The Specialist will also work closely with the BD Managers and Sr. Director, and Litigation Department and practice group leadership, to develop and execute strategic projects, including among other things, new practice deployment, market/competitive/geographic intelligence, and cross-selling analysis.
- Work with Manager, Sr. Director and partners to develop and execute on a day-to-day basis overall Business Development strategy, initiatives, and work product in support of the Firm, Litigation practices and practice leadership, and cross-practice and individual attorney initiatives.
- Interface with partners and BD Manager to draft client pitches, proposals, and responses to RFPs, as well as commence and complete related assignments such as client research.
- Complete Litigation Department profile-raising objectives and oversee directory and legal awards submission process, including working with attorneys to develop compelling narratives, drafting nominations, managing client references, and liaising with major publications as necessary.
- Plan client-facing events, including Firm-sponsored events, CLE presentations, and other engagements, working with partners, as well as functional specialists within the broader BD Department, including Creative, CRM, Professional Development, and the Web Team.
- Utilize major external data analysis tools (e.g., Lex Machina CapitalIQ, PACER, Westlaw and LEXIS, Bloomberg Law) to complete research, competitive intelligence and market trends assessments, as well as generate leads, and utilize internal databases and libraries to track pitch and other BD-related activity, and update experience logs the website and the Firm’s client-relationship management system.
- In collaboration with Manager, oversee dissemination of thought leadership through client alerts, blog posts and blog development, and other similar projects.
- Assist Public Relations team with profile-raising and reporter outreach initiatives, as necessary.
- Any other responsibilities or special projects as assigned by Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in liberal arts or a marketing- or business-related discipline, such as business administration.
- A sophisticated understanding of law firms and litigation practice areas is necessary.
- Exceptional writing, editing and analytical capabilities; must be capable of synthesizing data and developing themes and capturing them in a narrative. Writing test required.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Business Development or Marketing roles that covered Litigation practice areas (e.g., Securities Litigation, Commercial Litigation, Employment Litigation, White Collar/Investigations) and are necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, are required.
- Experience using and manipulating legal and other third-party databases (e.g. PACER, Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, Bloomberg, Lex Machina, Monitor Suite, etc.) required.
- Ability to multitask and work independently in a fast-paced and high pressure environment; must possess a very strong attention to detail and a professional demeanor.
- Self-motivated, with excellent time management skills, project management skills and sound judgment required.
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours and on weekends as required.
Compensation & Benefits
Estimated salary range is $115,000 – $130,000. Compensation decisions within the range are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case including but not limited to the individual’s skills, experience, and qualifications. The Firm offers a competitive compensation package comprised of base pay and discretionary year-end bonus for eligible employees. Benefits include, but are not limited to medical, dental, vision, disability coverage, life insurance, flexible spending plan and a 401K plan. The Firm also offers generous paid time off and holidays. All decisions affecting employment at the Firm are made on the basis of qualification, performance and other pertinent work-related factors, and without discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
Salary: $115,000 – $130,000
Date Active: 4.6.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt