Business Development Specialist – Litigation
New York, NY
The Business Development Specialist will leverage research, writing and analytical skills to support the firm in executing business development and marketing initiatives. This position involves working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team.
- Preparing pitches and RFP responses, as well as Litigation credentials, and serving as the lead business development point person in preparing such materials, including:
- Coordinating with lead attorneys to develop strategic approaches;
- Drafting and customizing pitch and proposal content;
- Liaising with attorneys and other administrative departments to collect relevant information;
- Editing, assembling and submitting final pitches and proposals; and
- Refine, grow and maintain the Firm’s collection of materials as they relate to the various corporate practices;
- Maintaining records for, and analyzing outcomes of, pitches and fee proposals.
- Evaluating practice group strengths and conduct research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations and proposals.
- Attending practice group meetings and preparing agendas, materials and minutes in connection with such meetings.
- Assisting media team with league table submissions, award submissions, profile-raising initiatives and reporting deals to preferred outlets.
- Coordinating with Business Development Specialists of other practice areas on cross-selling initiatives.
- Supporting practice groups in connection with directory submissions.
- Liaising with Events and Communications teams on internal and external events, and website content and other practice-specific content, respectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field desired.
- 5+ years of relevant business development experience, and knowledge of, or experience supporting Litigation preferred. Law firm/professional services or marketing experience required.
- The position requires a high-energy and motivated team player who is also able to work independently as the business development point person for partners engaged in Litigation. The individual must be able to adapt to change, balance competing demands, and manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to process information from a wide variety of sources.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work on a team and on own initiative.
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Expected to monitor emails outside of normal business hours and be available as needed.
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt