Business Development Specialist
New York, Silicon Valley, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco, Santa Monica
Forward seeking Global CA based Law Firm is seeking a Business Development Specialist. This position will provide proactive business development (“BD”) support to specific practice groups, individual partners and business development team. This position can be based in any of our U.S. office locations.
- Evaluate the quality of various events/organizations to help focus partners’ efforts on such events/organizations.
- Assist BD Manager with levent pre-planning and production.
- Pitch support and material updates
- Manage and help maintain a database of current clients, prospective clients, referrals, marketing and sales activities.
- Support partners in the management of their contact networks, including staying top-of-mind with key contacts and tracking and organizing the partners’ ongoing efforts with the least amount of friction for them.
- Draft introductions, gratitude letters, reminders, confirmations and other correspondence and emails.
- Act as an accountability resource for the partners to help them achieve the networking goals they set for themselves.
- Coordinate with various groups of people, internal and external, to schedule business development, networking and other related activities and meetings.
- Prepare research and marketing/sales materials for meetings with prospective clients.
- Assist in responding to proposal opportunities.
- Assist in completing postmortems on pitches.
- Supervise data entry of pre and post pitch activities to CRM database.
- Maintain updates to marketing client lists, experience management database and pitch templates.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with all level of personnel at the firm.
- Intermediate to advanced social networking skills.
- Exceptional search and research skills, including data gathering and reporting skills.
- Proficient in data entry.
- Understanding of technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, cleantech, etc.) and startup ecosystem.
- Understanding of legal industry, especially large law firm practices and sales cycles.
- Salesforce or other CRM.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint and Excel.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the qualified candidate will have 5+ years of business development experience in a fast-paced professional services environment (law firm experience a plus). Account management and/or customer relationship management experience. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred.
Salary: $70,000 to $100,000 based on experience
Date Active: 6.20.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt