Business Development Specialist
New York, NY
The Business Development Specialist – Business Units will support the Head of Business Development in client origination, conversion and retention activities for Business Units. This includes creating a system for engaging business units, developing their go to market strategies, and tracking progress on a pipeline of client opportunities. This role will work with the firm’s partners to maximize their relationships, brand and business development potential to increase client interaction. This role will work closely with our communications team and events team to ensure the firm’s marketing activity is aligned and integrated with the firm’s client targets. The client origination manager will also ensure opportunities that arise from the alumni program are filtered through the business units. This role combines the innovation to develop a system for tracking a broad array of client development activity, the organizational strength to maintain that system and creativity to coach business units and teams through effective business development.
Originating Client Opportunities
- Develops business unit targeting lists and tracks progress on those business development opportunities.
- Ensures that partners are leveraging events to engage with clients on their target lists. Hosts pre-event meetings, prepares partners for client interactions at events, and works with partners on key follow up activities post event.
- Works with Communications & PR team to help direct thought leadership towards target lists.
- Supports the refinement of the client targeting aspects of the firm’s CRM systems – key client relationships are recorded accurately and monitored for strength of relationships.
- Leverages CRM data to identify potential targets for the firm’s business units; analyzes data trends and CRM patterns over time to make tactical recommendations regarding the direction of marketing strategies.
Converting Client Opportunities
- Partners with the pursuits/proposal manager and specialist to drive best practice pursuits rigor to converting these opportunities.
- Maintains the firm’s pipeline tracking program, including running reports and following up with partners on activities.
- Provides coaching, tools, techniques and support to assist lawyers in client relationship management, practice marketing and new business development.
- Works with the proposal manager on all business unit pitches and ensures that lawyers participate in post-pitch evaluations to obtain feedback and trend analysis.
Retention of Clients
- Integrates the Alumni program initiatives with the business units to ensure SRZ Alumni linked to Business Unit targets are receiving the client experience they expect from SRZ.
- Working with the Business Development Manager – Business Units – designs and executes on a client feedback system to ensure we capturing the voice of client for key BU clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 years of relevant experience in a professional services environment.
- A deep understanding of business development strategy in a global professional services organization.
- The capability of building trust amongst the partnership, making links and connections with the wider business, outside area of specialization.
- Strong knowledge of CRM systems (preferable InterAction) and working knowledge of PipeLine Plus or other pipeline tools.
- Experience with client relationship management best practices and of liaising with external clients, a plus.
- Proven leadership, management, organizational, and problem-solving skills, coupled with the ability to excel in a fluid and fast-paced environment.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
Salary: 75000 to 85000 based on experience
Date Active: 4.1.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt