New York, NY
Forward thinking, civic minded, boutique, litigation law firm is seeking a Business Development Specialist who will work with the Firm’s new Director of Business Development. This position will be instrumental in helping develop and maintain sophisticated marketing and business development services for a growing litigation boutique, and ideal for someone who enjoys and wants to be involved in diversified projects.
- Assist in the drafting of website and social media content and ensure that website content and social media platforms (e.g., attorney bios, practice group descriptions, news, announcements) are consistently updated.
- Support internal and external (client) events. Track RSVPs, prepare handout materials, create and edit presentation materials (PowerPoint/InDesign), and identify off‐site space when needed. Ensure that all sponsorship commitments are met.
- Support facets of a CRM rollout and maintain accurate data as a long‐term endeavor.
- Aid in the preparation and distribution of Firm publications and communications (e.g., attorney announcements, client alerts, internal marketing newsletter).
- Assist in the preparation of directory and rankings submissions, responses to RFPs, and pitches and proposals.
- Assist in the coordination of firm‐wide projects as assigned.
- Help develop and drive new processes and procedures for the department.
- Implement and adhere to all brand guidelines.
The successful candidate will have a combination of employment, educational, and life experience that demonstrates the qualities and skills below:
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or another related field preferred. At least 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in marketing in a professional services firm, required.
Knowledge and Skills: You have a basic understanding of CRM software platforms (hands‐on experience a plus). You have familiarity with event planning procedure and details. You have advanced knowledge and use of Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, web editing and email marketing software.
Clear Communication and Attention to Detail: You express yourself clearly and concisely, always highlighting the most important information. You proactively communicate the status of your work and share updates with colleagues when necessary. You ensure that your work is mistake free. You have excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with strong attention to detail.
Ownership, Initiative, and Teamwork: You take ownership of your projects and follow through on their completion. You proactively anticipate, communicate, and work to independently resolve obstacles you encounter in your work. You possess a strong customer‐service orientation and ability to work well within a team as well as the ability to be a brand champion.
Organization and Project Management: You are comfortable balancing tasks of varying levels of urgency and complexity. You work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
Flexibility: You are flexible to be available after hours and to work overtime as needed. You are comfortable in an environment where your responsibilities may vary from day to day. You demonstrate a “no job too big, no job too small” attitude, and take a collaborative, team‐focused approach to rejuggling priorities and contributing to tasks across the Firm.
Confidentiality: You must be able to adhere to Firm policies regarding the protection of confidential data and demonstrate sensitivity to (and good judgment in connection with) confidential attorney, personnel, and Firm matters.
Mission Orientation: You are enthusiastic and passionate about our commitment to civil rights and public interest law. You thrive when your work is connected to purpose. In addition, the successful candidate will be based in the New York area or willing to relocate.
Compensation: An attractive compensation package (tailored to experience).
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.11.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt