New York or Washington, DC
Premier, midtown, law firm is seeking a Business Development Specialist in the Firm’s New York or Washington, D.C. office. The Business Development Specialist will work with the Business Development Team to strategize, coordinate, and execute on a range of marketing and business development activities and initiatives for the Dispute Resolution & Restructuring (DRR) and Corporate & Capital Markets Departments (CCM), particularly Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring, Intellectual Property Litigation, M&A Litigation, Tax, Real Estate, and Finance. This is an ideal role for someone with high energy, drive, and a desire to learn and advance in the legal marketing industry.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Firm’s practice and industry groups, including services, experience, clients, and competitors.
- Build strong business relationships with attorneys throughout the Firm.
- Draft, customize, and produce pitches, RFP responses, and other capabilities presentations.
- Work with the Business Development and Marketing & Communications teams in the collection and maintenance of key practice group information, including experience, marketing collateral, website content, client profiles, market intelligence, and contact lists.
- Work with Business Development Manager and Practice / Industry Group Leaders to plan, facilitate and attend department and practice group meetings, record notes and follow-up items, circulate post-meeting summaries, and execute on required follow-up items.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers and other key stakeholders to develop, execute, and track various business development and cross-selling projects.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team to prepare submissions for key directory rankings, awards, and league tables.
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications team in the planning of conferences, events, seminars, webinars, and other activities that offer networking opportunities and access to prospects for assigned attorneys.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 3 – 5 years of legal marketing experience, preferably with emphasis in business development.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to respond in an organized manner to time sensitive marketing and business development requests.
- Ability to establish credibility with legal and administrative personnel at all levels of the Firm.
- Demonstrates an efficient mix of confidence, tact, patience, and persistence.
- Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to understand the Firm’s mission and business priorities, practice activities, and related market dynamics.
- Strong commitment to client service.
- High levels of organization, communication, and writing skills.
- Collaborative, flexible, and resourceful.
- High level of proficiency with all Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Flexibility to perform after hours work is required.
- Some travel may be required.
- Experience with Vuture, WordPress, CRM, and Experience Management Systems preferred.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 11.3.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt