A global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Client Programs & Events Senior Specialist to join our dynamic Business Development team in Washington, D.C. who will also support and lead events for their Boston office.
About the Firm
With offices in 14 countries, more than 3,000 attorneys and over 2,500 professional staff, the key to their success and their continued ability to deliver the highest quality service to our clients is their “one-firm” culture – a spirit of teamwork and shared commitment to quality across our global offices that has long distinguished their Firm from other law firms. Working with the world’s best lawyers requires great people, award-winning technology, continuous learning and a collaborative work environment. Firm is committed to developing its employees and providing opportunities for advancement. They offer employees the chance to gain experience working with some of the biggest global clients in an environment that thrives on creativity and teamwork.
About the department
Firm’s Business Development Department executes a shared vision to protect and grow market share, enhance client service, increase client loyalty, and drive cross-selling efforts across the firm’s global platform. The team holds strong cultural values that include a commitment to sharing knowledge, effective communications, teamwork, and adherence to best practices to ensure exceptional client service to their partners and clients.
About the team
The Client Programs and Events team translates their lawyers’ business goals into actionable opportunities to connect with clients and prospects. The team designs and executes a highly innovative and varied range of events to enhance engagement and foster relationships. Working collaboratively with partners and BD colleagues, the team continually assesses and evolves how they engage with their clients and increase their return on investment.
About the role
As a BD Client Programs & Events Senior Specialist, you will be responsible for in-person and virtual client events for their Washington, D.C. and Boston markets. Other key responsibilities include:
- Event planning and management – defining event objectives, designing event to meet client needs, coordinating all logistics including mailing lists, invitations, marketing collaterals, on-site and virtual platform management
- Post-event evaluation – producing post-event analysis, such as final attendance reports, budget summaries and return on investment
- Working with the global E-Marketing team on CRM data maintenance and invitation design using third-party software
- Maintaining internal event tracking and reporting
- Researching venues and vendors, preparing summaries of availability, costs and capacities and negotiating and managing facility arrangements for room set-up, technical assistance and catering
- Staying abreast of event best practices as well as market and industry trends
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Possess strong interpersonal and client service skills
- Communicate well at all levels of the organization
- Consistently display a positive, high-energy attitude
- Approach each event with a keen attention to detail to ensure superior client experience
- Collaborate well across teams, exercise sound judgement, and stay calm under pressure
- At least five (5) years of experience in event management
- Experience using event management and CRM systems
- Superior organizational skills to manage multiple events at one time
- A Bachelor’s degree
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding job opportunity and welcoming environment but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Firm’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Health insurance as well as group income protection and life assurance
- Wellness programs (e.g. membership to HeadSpace, access to mental health services, well-being events, etc.)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, they have a range of global affinity groups (including LGBTQ group, multicultural group, women’s group). These provide a platform for staff to share experiences, advice, and interests, encouraging a continued discussion on diversity.
As the global outbreak of COVID-19 continues to unfold, Firm has taken precautions to help protect their people, clients, and the communities where they live and work. This includes a shift to virtual work for the majority of their lawyers and staff. This role will likely start virtually while the firm continues to evaluate the situation.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 4.7.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt