New York, NY
The New York office of a premiere Global Law Firm is seeking a talented business development professional to join the outstanding business development team as a Business Development Senior Specialist. This position will play a key role across the full marketing and business development spectrum to support the Litigation & Trial and Environment, Land, & Resources (ELR) departments in New York. These departments comprise a full spectrum of practices including securities litigation, white collar, complex commercial litigation, intellectual property, antitrust, environmental litigation, international arbitration, and environmental regulation & transactions. Litigation & Trial and ELR are forward thinking and entrepreneurial departments, with partners that rely on the BD function for strategic advice as well as day-to-day support.
- Build strong relationships with the partners, counsel and associates in the groups to establish a role as trusted advisor.
- Work with partners and the Practice Development Managers and Industry Leads to plan, execute and evaluate BD and Marketing initiatives and business plans.
- Plan and drive forward cross-selling and client targeting initiatives working with partners, counsel and associates and the Practice Development Managers and Industry Leads.
- Work with the Client Development team to develop and monitor the success of initiatives with key account clients.
- Work with partners to shape and execute their personal business development plans, while ensuring alignment with the strategy of the groups.
- Collaborate with the dedicated pitch team on the development and production of pitch books, presentations, responses to Requests for Information (RFI) and Requests for Proposals (RFP). Ensure the post-pitch follow up process is completed.
- Actively review and expand upon the practice profiles and expertise descriptions for use in marketing materials, the website, etc., and seek to constantly improve the deal and case data collection process.
- Liaise directly with other professional service providers for prospective referrals and/or event co-sponsorship opportunities and take the lead in organizing and executing such opportunities.
- Coordinate public relations and publicity opportunities for lawyers together with the Practice, Industry and PR teams.
- Work with the events team to organize special events such as panel/speaking engagement opportunities (seminars, receptions, group sporting events, thought leadership dinners) for lawyers.
As a Business Development Senior Specialist you will have well developed and professional interpersonal skills, the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels and superb project management skills. You will also have a high level of attention to detail and excellent proof reading skills. Previous experience in BD/marketing, preferably in a law firm is required. A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a related field is preferred, as is previous experience in Litigation and ELR.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 1.12.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt