The Marketing Department of a large, premier, global law firm has an opening for a Business Development Proposal Specialist in the Washington, DC office. The Specialist will spend the majority of time providing support for specific pitch/proposal opportunities, particularly preferred provider and multi-practice RFP-type processes. This position works with lawyers, business development managers, and other firm staff to support practice group and individual attorney business development efforts. A successful candidate will have a strong work ethic as well be well-organized, dependable, and dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our attorneys, our clients, and other members of the marketing department. While the Specialist will have plenty of individual responsibilities, he or she works as part of team that support each other as needed on all projects.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Supporting requests for proposals (RFP), pitches, and proposal opportunities from evaluation and planning through submission. Elements of this function include, for example:
- Working with attorneys, marketing staff, and other firm personnel in the evaluation, planning, development, and execution of RFPs, proposals, and presentations.
- Working and coordinating with Business Development Managers involved in each opportunity and coordinating with other firm personnel contributing to the proposal processes.
- Acting as project manager for each RFP, pitch, or proposal, keeping both personnel and information organized.
- Producing proposal documents, including identifying most applicable content, editing existing content, and drafting new content when needed.
- Coordinating information and research requests with research staff, pricing personnel, HR, IT, and other departments of the firm.
- Coordinating the proofing, assembly/production and delivery of finished product.
- Acting as a resource to business development personnel in identifying and implementing best practices for each pitch opportunity.
- Tracking and reporting of opportunity outcomes.
- Working with Business Development Directors to update and improve tools and resources used in connection with responding to pitches and proposals (e.g., Foundation software, templates).
- Working on various projects relating to firm-wide and practice area content used in proposals and pitches, in coordination with stakeholders including Business Development Managers, firm management, practice group leaders, and attorneys.
- Identifying and assisting with implementing improvements to our proposal final product as well as the proposal process.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of five years of marketing, proposal experience including drafting, proofing and editing.
- Experience in proposal and pitch processes required.
- Highly experienced in the use of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the use of databases.
- High quality written communications and excellent organizational skills.
- Confident communicator, ability to work effectively with partners of the firm.
- Strong editing skills.
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and pressure of deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.11.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt