New York, NY, or Roseland, NJ
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, this position will work with the Bankruptcy & Restructuring Department and Real Estate Practice attorneys to develop and execute on the business development activities in support of the firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Act as advisor to partners to assist them in increasing their brand, practice and visibility and achieve their individual business goals.
- Proactively identify and respond to appropriate new business opportunities, including opportunities for internal cross-marketing and joint business development initiatives.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of key clients and market forces, including business trends and competitive landscape.
- Collaborate with partners in the collection and sharing of knowledge relating to skills and experience to enhance understanding of practice area and raise client service/delivery standards.
- Create and maintain existing client, deal and matter list/database.
- Source, plan and execute business development events (including but not limited to speaking engagements, conference, panels).
- Responsible for being the single point of contact for partners for marketing-related needs.
- Profile Raising:
- Market the services and expertise of the practice group through the development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising opportunities.
- Coordinate with the PR team on press releases, pitch story ideas and provide spokespeople to reporters as appropriate; track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Manage practice group awards and rankings, including oversight of submission to Chambers and other high-profile publications; assist NJ, Utah, and CA offices in articulating key messages for directory submission and share best practices in the submission process.
- Client Development:
- Conduct and promote post transaction reviews in order to obtain client feedback and assist in improving client service.
- Support the preparation of responses to client’s request for proposals or information on the practice group and in preparing partners for business development meetings with clients and prospects.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing / business development role, preferably in a professional services firm.
- Demonstrate high-level energy and professionalism representing the company.
- Hungry to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Proven track record of success in past roles and experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong judgement and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions.
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to influence others.
- Strong attention to detail.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 7.16.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt