San Francisco, CA
An Am Law 50 law firm with 17 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Business Development Manager within their Marketing Department in their San Francisco office.
Drive revenue to a billion-dollar, global law firm through strategic initiatives, client events, marketing materials, and presentations. High visibility within marketing department, including close interaction with Chief Marketing Officer, and with our M&A and Technology Transactions Partners. Opportunity to be mentored and to hone key marketing skills, including persuasive writing, project management, research and targeting, and event planning. This is an ideal time to join a dynamic and growing marketing organization.
Develop Marketing Plans
- In conjunction with the firm’s marketing and business development goals, help form and execute on business development and marketing plans, with underlying budget recommendations. Consistently demonstrate the value that Marketing Department resources can bring to bear in meeting the firm’s financial and practice goals.
- Make recommendations to practice group leaders on a broad range of business development and marketing strategies, demonstrating strong understanding of the corporate practice group and industry norms, terms, and business procedures. Encourage engagement and collaboration by facilitating the development of business plans within each group and other relevant practice groups.
- Keep abreast of developments in the law for assigned groups and relevant industries that could result in expanded or new client opportunities, etc. Develop proactive responses to advance business development.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Business Development Manager to ensure plans integrate with and support firmwide business development and marketing strategies.
Deploy Marketing Initiatives
- Implement business development and marketing plans for assigned practice groups, ensuring that the implementation is effectively managed, appropriately budgeted and communicated.
- Develop customized pitches/RFPs, presentations, marketing materials, bios, practice group descriptions and website content.
- Conduct competitive intelligence and research of prospective targets, industries, markets, and conflicts via firmwide resources.
- Proactively participate in key industry networks, identifying partnership opportunities to enhance the position of the firm or practice groups in the marketplace.
- Lead the timely completion of submissions to directories and ranking authorities; ensure rankings in preferred publications, such as Chambers & Partners, are maximized.
- Collaborate closely with practice groups and Marketing Department to produce client development seminars. Take seminars from concept through all stages of development and implementation, from targeting attendance participation to leading action-oriented follow-up.
- Collaborate closely with practice group leaders and Marketing Department to identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities; target appropriate membership opportunities, etc.; create visibility; and advance business development goals.
- Assist corporate group and individual partners to prepare for client pitches; track results of pitches and prepare responsive reports and analyses incorporating strategies for increasing effectiveness.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. At least five years of relevant experience in professional services marketing; law firm experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of corporate practices desired, with direct work experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of core marketing principles including driving innovative tools and programs, competitive intelligence, market research, and pitch and RFP responses.
Salary: $130,000.00-$150,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 5.12.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt