New York, NY
The Business Development Manager—M&A will support the Senior Business Development Manager in leading all aspects of the strategic business development and marketing efforts of the M&A practice and other relevant transactional practices and initiatives. This role will work closely with practice leaders, BD department senior management team, as well as operational teams throughout the firm to develop and execute on key initiatives and business plan objectives.
- Support the Senior M&A Manager in the execution of strategic planning priorities.
- Maintain partner, practice, industry and client plans.
- Analyze market and competitor research performed by the research team on target clients and industries.
- Conduct additional market/competitor research using various internal and external databases.
- Support cross-selling initiatives of the M&A team other departments, practice groups and teams.
- Work with the Senior M&A Manager to monitor and report client development activities.
- Prepare pitches, RFPs, deal lists, brochures and other marketing materials, including drafting original content as needed.
- Maintain and update standard marketing literature for the practice group on a regular basis.
- Work alongside junior members of the team to execute legal directory submissions, league table submissions, biography updates, matter management and other routine projects.
- Oversee the planning, coordinating and implementing various client events, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a successful business development or marketing role in a professional services environment
- Law-firm specific background, specifically on the Corporate/M&A side, is required
- Ability foster a team environment where ideas can be shared, questions can be asked and individuals are accountable for their own actions
- Exhibits leadership qualities and is able to inspire confidence, respect and trust across the department
- Excellent communication skills required (writing, editing, coaching and presentation skills)
- Understanding of the pressures of working in a corporate environment and demonstrate potential for working well with attorneys who have a wide range of business development goals and marketing skills
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities to meet time-sensitive deadlines, as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously, including confidential matters
- Focused on execution and achieving measurable results through superior project and team management skills
- Well organized with a meticulous attention to detail; strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Resourceful, driven attitude with a genuine desire and energy to use a “whatever it takes” approach to ensure team success
Salary: $150,000.00-$170,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 2.2.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt