New York, NY or Washington, DC
Premier, global, forward thinking, law firm has an opening for a Business Development Manager to support our Litigation practices. This position may sit in our New York or Washington, DC office.
The Business Development Manager supports the overall business development and marketing efforts of the Firm by helping to create and execute strategic and tactical business development and marketing activities related to specific practice groups and/or markets/geographies, in addition to managing a small team of one or more business development professionals to implement plans and initiatives.
In this capacity, the Business Development Manager will:
- Develop strategic business development and marketing plans including goals, action items, and deadlines. Advise and collaborate with partners, the Business Development & Marketing team and other internal stakeholders in the development and execution of these plans;
- Draft and prepare written proposals, pitches, and other communications to clients, prospective clients, and related third party organizations;
- Drive content-driven campaign strategy designed to generate new business opportunities;
- Collaborate with the global business development team on the identification and pursuit of cross-selling initiatives;
- Support the practice’s key client efforts and work with BDev colleagues on best practice and to ensure the identification, development, and growth of high-value services to our key clients;
- Plan and oversee seminars, events, and other targeted marketing activities;
- Help practice group leaders manage relevant business development budgets;
- Collaborate with functional managers on relevant PR, Communications, and digital marketing initiatives;
- Travel as needed to support initiatives and participate in activities; and
- Act as a lead on additional related projects within the BDev Department or Firm as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (required) with an emphasis in marketing, law or business (preferred); Advanced degree (preferred);
- At least 5 years of management experience in a corporate law firm setting or relevant industry setting;
- At least 7 years of marketing professional experience (preferred);
- Experience in relevant practice area(s)/geographies or industries (preferred);
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Knowledge of technologies, developments, trends and literature related to legal and professional services marketing fields;
- Expert proficiency in oral and written communications with strong editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills;
- Solid understanding of the needs and expectations of law firm operations and corporate legal clients in order to function at a strategic level;
- Advanced knowledge of marketing principles, procedures, concepts and practical applications;
- Fundamental knowledge of networking and relationship management;
- Proficiency in team building and management and leadership skills; and
- Fundamental knowledge of legal concepts.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.9.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt