San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA
A globally ranked forward thinking law firm is seeking a Business Development Manager (Corporate). This position provides proactive business development support to the Startup/VC partners in the West Coast offices, with a focus on supporting Partners’ business development efforts with client, referral and social networks. This position can be based in their San Francisco, CA or Mountain View, CA offices.
- Practice group support. Proactively identify opportunities for cross marketing and execute. Assist partners with screening of certain unfunded start-up opportunities. Prepare research and recommendations for VC and startup representations. Attend and secure speaking engagements at such events and coordinate with partners attending in developing/evaluating leads on quality startups.
- Individual partner support. Meet with partners to develop and implement business plans. Monitor and support BD activities of those partners, including identifying targets, developing pursuit strategies and monitoring and supporting pursuit efforts.
- Sales material messaging. Work with other BD team members to ensure that sales materials, pitches and proposals highlight the attributes of the firm and its key practices.
- Idea generation. Initiate and implement ideas to improve the department’s BD services and the firm’s business development efforts.
- Events management and content development. Develop strategies and content for (and drive forward) targeted events, sponsorship involvement, speaking engagements and thought leadership.
- Metrics and reporting. Develop and maintain meaningful metrics that focus BD behavior, improve the efficiency of the firm’s business development efforts and demonstrate the value of the firm’s BD program.
- Staff management and mentoring. Work with the BD team members to improve the efficiency of the department’s BD services, support professional development of BD team and promote a positive work environment.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills, that meet the demands of high-performing large law firm partners.
- Intermediate to advanced social networking skills.
- Exceptional search and research skills, including data gathering and reporting skills
- Proficient in data entry.
- Understanding of technology industries (software, mobile, life sciences, cleantech, etc.) and startup ecosystem.
- Understanding of legal industry, especially large law firm practices and sales cycles.
- Salesforce or other CRM.
- Highly proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel).
- Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager, the qualified candidate will have 7+ years of experience. Account management and/or customer relationship management experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or JD preferred.
Salary: $145,000.00 to 175,000.00, dependent on experience and location
Date Active: 10.19.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt