New York, NY
The Business Development Manager is responsible for executing business development initiatives for the firm’s critical litigation practices, as well as assisting partners in the execution of their business development activities. As a key resource in ensuring the day-to-day business development functions are covered, the Business Development Manager is expected to develop ideas for new business generation and relationship building.
- Plan, prepare, and assemble pitches, proposals, and RFPs to prospects and clients.
- Regularly meet with partners and periodically with associates to support their BD efforts, collect and update firm pitch, website, and other materials. materials.
- Track and report business development activities and opportunities, monitor progress of individual partners in their individual endeavours.
- Liaise with the in-house analyst team to gather research and analyses on market trends, clients, prospects, competitor activity, opportunities, and more, to obtain a deeper understanding of the firm’s clients, practice areas, and business areas, to generate opportunities for growth and business development.
- Manage editorial process for attorney biographies, and practice area descriptions.
- Oversee development of submissions to legal directories and similar industry guides (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500, Benchmark Litigation).
- Coordinate and plan client and alumni events, as well as meetings with other law firms.
- Manage and coordinate invitation lists, RSVPs, declines, as well as issues related to un-subscriptions and similar concerns through the firm’s email marketing platform.
- Oversee the implementation of the firm’s new CRM system (InTapp).
- Assist Chief Marketing Officer in managing other firm initiatives as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree at an accredited university.
- At least 5 or more years of experience in a law firm, preferably in a litigation firm.
- Knowledge and experience of law firm operations as well as a deep understanding of litigation case cycles and demands.
- Managerial experience, including delegating and supervising business development and marketing-related tasks and assignments to support staff and consultants as appropriate, coordinating details and providing clear instructions to ensure tasks are completed in a timely fashion and to high standards.
- Excellent oral, writing, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to handle multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- Friendly and enthusiastic disposition and ability to work collaboratively with people at various levels within the firm.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Advanced proficiency with legal research and legal news platforms, including LexisNexis, Westlaw, Bloomberg, Law360, The American Lawyer, etc.
Salary: $150,000.00-$250,000.00, based on experience
Date Active: 10.19.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt