Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA, Washington, DC, Raleigh, NC or Dallas, TX
This position is eligible for remote flexibility. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
Premier, global, law firm has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager. This role can be based in our Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Raleigh or Washington DC offices. Under direction of the Practice Management Associate Director, manages the day to day business development needs of the Finance practice group firm-wide. This role will focus heavily on writing and credentialing. The Business Development Manager is responsible for supervising a business development coordinator and assistant based in the Charlotte office.
- Work with attorneys to develop presentations, pitches and responses to RFPs for new business. This includes strategic approaches, market research, copy-writing, editing materials and recommending changes, and working with the business development staff to execute in a professional and timely manner.
- Work with the finance practice group and Practice Management Associate Director on business development strategies, action plans, and leading implementation efforts.
- Consult with attorneys following client pitches and other business development events regarding follow-up activities; tracking results of pitches and other business development efforts.
- Manage and mentor the Business Development staff in the Charlotte office.
- Attend and network at business association/organization events and provide leads for business development efforts, such as direct marketing presentations and speaking opportunities.
- Manage internal and external seminars for clients/prospects. Assist attorneys and marketing specialists in developing seminar topics and targeted mailing lists. Work with marketing staff to develop direct mail pieces/invitations and other attendee materials.
- Coordinating with the Atlanta Business Development Department and the Charlotte Business Development staff, oversee the development and writing of marketing materials useful for attorneys’ use such as: brochures, practice group descriptions, deal lists; firm press coverage, and other related materials.
- Manage the continued updating/use of Interaction.
- Plan and organize client related and promotional events, tickets for clients, etc.
Skills Needed to be Successful
- Minimum of 4-5 years marketing and/or business development experience
- Work experience reflecting a progressive career path within a law firm or other professional services firm highly preferred
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under tight time constraints
- High level of interpersonal skills to maximize the level of trust and rapport with the attorneys
- Excellent writer with the ability to organize and compose a first draft of marketing materials and/or RFP responses for attorneys
- Strong grammatical skills, as well as, excellent proofing experience and skills are required
- A strong team player, who recognizes the value of working well with others, both at the attorney level and with all levels of the administrative staff
- Reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability
- Ability to handle stress as a result of the nature of the work environment
- Bachelors Degree required