The Coordinator – Business Development works with lawyers, Business Development, Communications, Digital Marketing, Creative Services and other administrative staff to assist with efforts to generate increased business for the Firm. They will leverage research, writing, technical and communication skills to coordinate initiatives of the global Litigation Group and its related sub-groups.
The scheduled hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The incumbent may be required to work overtime depending on the needs of the practice area lawyers and Business Development department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist partners in preparing targeted presentations (pitch books, brochures, and experience lists), in a manner that effectively communicates the Firm’s relevant experience and articulates clear reasons why the Firm should be retained. Under the direction of the department Director and Litigation Managers:
- Identify relevant trends by industry, geography, and legal practice areas.
- Customize materials for the target client or prospect.
- Complete production aspects (editing, fact checking, proofreading, assembling) to ensure materials are delivered accurately and on time.
- Prepare relevant research and supporting materials for client meetings.
- Update and maintain all standard pitch files, other marketing collateral, experience lists and databases.
- Maintain a complete record of all pitches, meetings, and outreach of any type in the Firm’s CRM (Client Relationship Management) system.
- Assist with submissions to league tables, directories, guides, and other surveys.
- Assist with substantive industry research and identify potential opportunities.
- Assist with competitive intelligence research, used to update lawyers on legal market trends.
- Track news and developments relating to certain clients and regions.
- Follow Firm news, note wins and maintain the practice experience database; update contact, activity, and mailing list information in CRM database.
- Coordinate aspects of client education conferences.
- Coordinate efforts with the Communications and Digital Marketing teams in the practice’s visibility program, on internal communications, external communications on external website and social media, and to maintain practice details and lawyer bios on external website.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining Firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the Firm’s information security policies, protecting Firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction, or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar, and research skills (a writing and editing test is required).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Understanding of transactional, regulatory and litigation terminology and processes.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint are pluses), as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- An ability to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment. Deadline oriented with a clear understanding of priorities. Ability to work in a highly demanding environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently as well as being a team player.
- Professionalism and discretion in handling confidential information is essential.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- One to three years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution, or other professional services firm. A strong background in the financial services sector would be ideal.
- BA or BS in Finance, Economics, Business Management or Marketing, preferred.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: Open, dependent on experience
Date Active: October 28, 2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt