Responsible for providing assistance with the day-to-day coordination and administration of services and activities for the department, with an emphasis on research and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts research of prospective targets, industries, markets, competition via firm-wide resources, online databases and librarian searches. Stays abreast of best practices and market and industry trends; provides competitor research to assist the Business Development Managers in making strategic recommendations to the practice group leaders.
- Updates and maintains practice-specific marketing materials, including lawyer biographies and PowerPoint presentations.
- Produces local pitch books and presentations and conducts follow-up with key attorneys after client pitches.
- Coordinates and participates in practice-sponsored events.
- Analyzes industry sponsorships and executing agreements/logistics.
- Maintains practice ranking submissions, deal lists and firm accolades.
- Prepares meeting minutes and outlines action items from practice group meetings.
- Supports a variety of marketing initiatives across the firm.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least two years’ experience in business or marketing in a law firm.
- Superior analytical and research skills required. Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and proofreading ability.
- Strong technical proficiencies, particularly in the use of CRM/contact databases, Excel, PowerPoint and on-line research databases.
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, professional, self-directed and capable of executing/managing projects under tight deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and capable of working effectively with attorneys as well as professionals in all administrative departments.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Long hours are required periodically.
Salary: Competitive market compensation
Date Active: 4.20.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt