New York, NY
This position works closely with the Business Development team to provide marketing and business development support to the M&A/Capital Markets (“MACM”) Practice Group, with an emphasis on the Shareholder Activism portion of the Practice Group.
Duties and Responsibilities
With the guidance and oversight from the Shareholder Activism Professional Support Attorney and other senior MACM team members, support the business development needs of the firm’s Shareholder Activism Team including, but not limited to:
- Maintain pitch materials, client decks, practice reference materials and practice biographies.
- Maintain current and accurate experience lists, matter descriptions, case studies and client lists for use in marketing and business development efforts.
- Conduct research in support of prospective targeting initiatives and client-facing events; execute events and sponsorship logistics.
- Assist with submissions development, tracking, research and the surrounding PR and marketing campaigns of rankings and accolades for the practice.
- Conduct relevant research as requested by the attorneys.
- Liaise with associates and partners as well as other departments within the firm.
- Compile approvals and content for e-communications directed at external audiences and coordinate distribution with Marketing Services team.
In addition to the needs of the Shareholder Activism practice, this role requires flexibility in assisting with the broader needs of the MACM Practice Group, including (but not limited to):
- Update and assist with the maintenance of MACM marketing materials, including attorney biographies, webpages and pitch materials.
- Assist with the maintenance of the MACM practice group’s experience.
- Assist with MACM pitch materials and PowerPoint presentations and tracking of the status of pitches and proposals.
- Support New York office-specific business developments events and projects in coordination with other administrative peers in the New York office.
- Must possess exceptional communication and organizational skills, including high attention to detail and proofing capabilities.
- Must be self-directed and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Proficient working with Microsoft Office, with particular strength in PowerPoint, Word and SharePoint applications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years of experience in business or marketing at a law firm or professional services organization.
- Candidates must have the ability to travel to off-site events as necessary.
- Ability to work late hours or weekends on occasion.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 3.4.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt