Business Development Analyst – M&A
New York, NY
The Business Development Analyst will leverage research, writing and analytical skills to support the firm in executing business development and marketing initiatives for M&A and other M&A-related practices. This position involves working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team.
- Preparing pitches and RFP responses, as well as general practice credentials, and serving as the lead business development point person in preparing such materials, including:
- Coordinating with lead attorneys to develop strategic approaches
- Drafting and customizing pitch and proposal content
- Liaising with attorneys and other administrative departments to collect relevant information
- Editing, assembling and submitting final pitches and proposals
- Maintaining records for and analyzing outcomes of pitches and fee proposals
- Collaborating with the Research & Competitive Intelligence team to generate detailed client intelligence reports in advance of pitches and other client meetings and in connection with targeting projects; and preparing competitive and market analysis reports.
- Coordinating with business development colleagues in other practice areas on cross‑selling initiatives.
- Attending practice group and client team meetings and assist with materials and minutes in connection with such meetings.
- Coordinating the M&A league table reporting process to ensure we are submitting and being credited for deals timely and correctly.
- Leveraging knowledge of practices to assist with profile-raising initiatives.
- Liaising with Media, Events, and Marketing and Communications teams on awards and directories submissions, internal and external events, and web and other practice-specific content, respectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or liberal arts.
- 2 years of relevant business development experience, and knowledge of, or experience with, M&A.
- The position requires a high-energy and motivated team player who is also able to work independently as the business development point person for partners engaged in M&A and M&A-related work, to adapt to change and balance competing demands, and to manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to process information from a wide variety of sources.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Experience with Thomson/Refinitiv, Bloomberg and Mergermarket preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills and ability to work on a team and on own initiative.
- Expected to monitor emails outside of normal business hours and be available as needed.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 9.28.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt