Business Development Analyst – Litigation
New York, NY
The Business Development Analyst will leverage research, writing and analytical skills to support the firm in executing business development and marketing initiatives. The analyst will work closely with New York office attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team to achieve Firm and office business development goals.
- Assisting with the preparation of pitches and RFP responses, including by:
- Gathering information, coordinating, drafting pitches and proposal content;
- Refining, growing and maintaining the Firm’s collection of materials as they relate to the practice group(s); and
- Maintaining records for, and analyzing outcomes of, pitches and fee proposals.
- Conducting research on existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and industry or market trends to aid in the development of marketing plans, pitches, presentations and proposals.
- Assist with the development and execution of business development strategies, plans and projects, including identifying and evaluating new business opportunities and targets, facilitating cross-selling initiatives, and participating on client-specific target teams;
- Preparing target lists containing internal and external metrics;
- Preparing company reports and profiles including background information, advisory relationships and market intelligence utilizing internal and external data sources; and
- Monitoring and tracking new developments in various industries and geographic regions using internal and external data sources.
- Assisting Media Team with award submissions, and profile-raising initiatives.
- Supporting practice groups in connection with directory submissions.
- Attending practice group meetings and preparing agendas, materials and minutes in connection with such meetings.
- Liaising with Events Team to plan and execute internal and external events, seminars, webinars, and assist with sponsorships.
- Liaising with Communications Teams on website content and other practice-specific content, respectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field required.
- Two to three years of relevant marketing/business development experience. Law firm/professional services or marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to process information from a wide variety of sources.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work on a team and on own initiative.
- Experience working independently as well as within cross-functional teams in a collaborative, professional environment.
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), CRM, and research tools.
- Expected to monitor emails outside of normal business hours and be available as needed.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 7.1.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt