New York, NY or Washington, DC
The Business Analyst is a key member of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) Department and contributes to the analysis, monitoring and reporting of the firm’s progress against its D&I goals. This position will support the firm’s response to client diversity related requests to include surveys, RFPs/RFIs, and other client related analyses. This position will also support the development and submission to industry diversity surveys including but limited to the Mansfield Rule Certification, Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index, and the ABA Model Diversity Survey. This position will also support the implementation of the D&I performance measurement approach and plan. A secondary focus is to support the strategic analyses to inform and enhance the firm’s D&I approaches and key initiatives as well as client/external collaborations in D&I. The position will report to the Sr Manager, Diversity Analytics, and work closely with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), D&I Co-chairs, D&I Standing Committee, D&I Director, Affinity Group leaders, as well as other key stakeholders including leaders in the Finance/Accounting, Legal Recruiting, Professional Development, and Marketing departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and consult with the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer (CDIO), D&I Co-Chairs, D&I Standing Committee, D&I Director and Affinity Group leaders on D&I reporting, analyses and special projects.
- Track, manage, and provide D&I metrics and responses for client D&I surveys, RFPs and other client associated D&I requests.
- Develop and implement D&I performance reporting templates and analyze progress against goals including trends analysis and forecasting.
- Analyze firm, practice/industry group, or office/location D&I performance against goals and produce analytical reporting packages.
- Support the analysis of current state D&I performance and identify trends in D&I performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Conduct the data gathering, analyses and support the identification of insights and recommendations as part of the development of the annual D&I report to the Management Committee.
- Prepare executive briefing summaries for the CDIO prior to D&I Committee meetings, quarterly Executive Committee meetings and other senior leader meetings.
- Support strategic initiatives and analysis as directed by the CDIO and D&I Director.
- Leverage existing systems to enhance the quality, efficiency and timeliness of business financial reporting.
- Recommend system and process enhancements and changes as necessary to advance efforts to increase and improve content presentation and method of production of reports and analysis.
- Develop a strong understanding of the D&I initiatives in the Firm’s strategic plan and D&I Strategic Action Plan and Goals to help inform D&I strategic planning initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excel, Access (or relational databases), Workday.
- SQL, Tableau a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Management, Business Administration, MBA a strong plus.
- Must have superior analytical skills and strong financial capabilities.
- Mastery of data analysis using advanced Excel analytical functions.
- Mastery of graphical data presentations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self-confident, ambitious leader comfortable liaising with partners, executive leadership and confident running meetings.
- Hands-on experience writing and building reports from various sources including Workday.
- Ability to identify and analyze multi-faceted problems and recommend solutions.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 9.17.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt