New York, NY, Roseland, NJ or Washington, DC
M-F, 9:30 AM-5:30 PM
Available to work overtime when required
Under the direction of the Director of Client Accounting and Billing Manager, the Billing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the workflow and billing-related responsibilities to ensure that the client’s bills for the New Jersey office are processed timely, accurately and efficiently. The Billing Coordinator will work with other billing professionals in New York and New Jersey, various attorneys, their assistants and other timekeepers on preparing client billing in accordance with established firm and client policies and procedures.
Essential Job Requirements
The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for prioritizing, maintaining and handling all aspects of client billing inclusive of the following:
- Coordinating the workflow to ensure that all firm and client deadlines are met.
- Ensure that the firm and client’s processes and procedures are followed.
- Coordinate billing processes and statuses with the New York assistants, eBilling Specialist, Manager of Client Onboarding/Rates and Billing Supervisor.
- Keep the Director of Client Accounting and Billing Supervisor abreast of concerns as they arise.
- Work with management to develop and implement solutions.
The Billing Coordinator will possess a thorough understanding of the client’s billing requirements and deadlines and coordinate the work to meet all deadlines, working closely with the Partners to ensure that the work is timely and accurate.
- Prepare and edit final bills using appropriate formats.
- Review complete billing package and deliver to Partner for final review and written sign off.
- Responsible for the accuracy of both general Billing and Billing Partner FileSite folders, which detail the Partner/Client billing requirements.
- Update NY Billing folder in the firm’s document management system to ensure that emails, documents, etc. are available for other team members to share information.
- Review reminder statements, as necessary.
- Prepare A/R write-offs as directed by Partners. Forward email request of A/R write-offs to the firm’s Trust Accountant for processing.
- Work with Partners to correct all reductions and adjustments and prepare timely write-offs of amounts deemed not collectible.
- Collaborate with Credit Manager on receivables that should be considered for additional follow-up.
- Process emails-review and research matters, verify rates and ensure time and disbursement entries are correct, including editing and transferring entries.
- Serve as back-up for the other New York Billing Coordinator.
- Ensure the timely submission of all eBilling invoices.
- Coordinate with the eBilling Specialist and assist with submission and maintenance of timekeepers rates on eBilling vendor sites.
- Coordinate with the eBilling Specialist to resolve eBilling rejections.
- Escalate open issues to appropriate level of management for resolution.
- Obtain and provide disbursement back up for eBilling clients as requested.
- Ensures the accuracy of all timekeeper billing rates.
- Coordinate with the Manager of Client Onboarding/Rates to assist with the maintenance of any special rate billing arrangements.
- Serve as advisor to the Client Accounting Specialist regarding preparation and submission of client accruals, as required.
- Coordinate with the eBilling Specialist and Manager of Client Onboarding/Rates to assist with the preparation and maintenance of ebilling accruals, as needed.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- A minimum of 3 years billing experience preferably in a legal environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is a plus.
- Experience with Aderant, ebillingHub and e-billing vendor platforms, a plus.
- Strong math skills are essential; accuracy and attention to detail are vital.
- Proficiency with MS Word is essential.
- Solid working knowledge of Excel.
- Must be able to comport oneself when interacting with all levels of the organization as well as clients.
- Excellent phone skills are necessary.
- Ability to work independently.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational abilities.
- A willingness to participate in ongoing training.
- Maintain reliable attendance record.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required by employee.
Salary: Highly competitive above market hourly rate
Date Active: 10/12/2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt