New York, NY
Our client is seeking a Billing Coordinator in the New York office to provide billing support in the Finance department. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating client invoicing and electronic billing through a multitude of client systems. You will handle a wide variety of complex adjustments to PDF and electronic bills, interpret and respond to report/information requests from attorneys, legal administrative assistants, clients, and others. Also, you will understand firm and client processes, guidelines and policies and strive to optimize systems and information to address these requirements.
Position is eligible for remote flexibility. Details will be discussed during the interview process.
- Handle incoming requests for client invoices, write-offs, discounts, bill template changes, electronic billing requests, report requests, access changes, billing rate information and many other billing-related questions.
- Manage all billing activities for assigned electronic billing clients, assigned attorneys, and other complex clients and matters as assigned.
- Configure and maintain electronic billing profiles with any assigned e-billing vendors (Tymetrix360, Legal Tracker, Passport, CounselLink, Collaborati, Bridgeway Corridor and many others) including coordination of new matters, timekeeper and rate approvals, required task and activity code information, client billing guidelines, following up on AR and reduced/rejected invoices.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable (AR) and unbilled time and costs on assigned attorneys/clients/matters to ensure timely billing and payment of client invoices. Proactively communicate with all parties and address any issues or concerns.
- Consult with attorneys, and legal administrative assistants and utilize all of the functionality in the firm’s billing systems to identify solutions and best practices for meeting client billing requirements.
- Effectively utilize reports and inquiry tools in the firm’s billing systems, Microsoft Excel and other various reporting and information tools to respond to information requests from clients, attorneys and legal administrative assistants.
- Build, maintain, and deliver professional customer service and maintain positive working relationships with all internal and external contacts. This position requires routine communication with firm attorneys, client contacts, legal administrative assistants and others, both inside and outside the firm.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all financial matters exposed to during the course of performing job duties.
- 2+ years of previous experience in legal billing environment; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong skills in electronic billing across a wide variety of client e-billing systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Aderant Expert legal billing solutions.
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office suite, including advanced Excel skills (vlookups, pivot tables, subtotaling, accessing external data sources etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to correctly interpret communications from a variety of sources and also explain complex technical communications to contacts in various roles.
- Must have a high level of customer service with the ability to build strong positive team relationships.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all financial matters.
- Thorough understanding of firm and finance department policies and procedures and ability to identify issues and enforce compliance with those policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing workload.
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $92,000 and represents the Firm’s good faith minimum and maximum range for this role at this time of posting. The actual compensation offered to a candidate will be dependent on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and locations. This range is specific to our New York City office and may not be applicable to other locations.
Salary: $70,000 – $92,000
Date Active: 9.20.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt