A premier, forward thinking, global law firm consistently ranked among the top firms in the world, is seeking a Billing Coordinator to join their dynamic team in Houston.
About the role
As a Billing Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the billing process and performing complex billing duties. Other key responsibilities include:
- Acting as liaison between billing attorneys and billing secretaries, legal attorneys, and/or organization (customers) and the billing staff; responding to internal and external inquiries in a timely manner
- Preparing and analyzing complex client billing
- Providing accurate and timely completion of assignments and inquiry responses; ensuring that all tasks and duties completed are done within the firm’s set guidelines and policies
- Generating and reviewing Proformas from Elite (pre-existing or generating new charges)
- Communicating with customers to ensure their request from the billing staff is being met; updating customers on status of tasks and/or projects
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Demonstrate well developed and professional interpersonal skills; have the ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the Firm
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus
- Have thorough knowledge of bookkeeping procedures such as posting, balancing, debits and credits, and journal entries
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in general accounting practices
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience with legal billing processes and practices, and prior experience with Elite Billing system
- Occasional travel is required.
Successful candidates will not only be provided with an outstanding career opportunity and welcoming environment, but will also be provided with a generous total compensation package with bonuses awarded in recognition of both individual and firm performance. Eligible employees can participate in Firm’s comprehensive benefit program which includes:
- Healthcare, life and disability insurance
- A generous 401k plan
- At least 10 paid holidays per year, and a PTO program that accrues 23 days during the first year of employment and grows with tenure
- Well-being programs (e.g. mental health services, mindfulness and resiliency, medical resources, well-being events, and more)
- Professional Development programs
- Employee discounts
- And more!
Additionally, the Firm has a range of diversity programming including Global Affinity Groups. These groups provide a firmwide platform to share experiences and advice as well as an opportunity to participate in a supportive network with common interests to help make life at the firm even better.
Firm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Their commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, pro bono work and sustainability enables the Firm to draw from a remarkable wealth of talent to create one of the world’s leading law firms. Their lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff worldwide comprise a rich mixture of different races, ethnic backgrounds, religions, sexual orientations, cultures, and primary languages. Their diversity makes them who they are.
Firm is committed to protecting the health and well-being of their employees and partners, their families, and members of our community against COVID-19. Accordingly, the Firm requires all partners and employees based in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination at the time that a conditional offer of employment is made. This policy is mandatory except for employees with a documented legally permissible exemption for not receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
Salary: $70,000.00-$84,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 10.4.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt