The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for drafting narrative and detailed client invoices. Proactively review and monitor unbilled inventory, work with partners to ensure compliance with client billing requirements. This individual will work to develop relationships with assigned partners and secretaries and create individualized billing plans according to partner preference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Proactively monitor unbilled index of each assigned billing partner to identify opportunities to issue bills.
- Communicate with partners to determine which matters require draft preparation.
- Prepare draft bill narratives for partner/associate review.
- Review and analyze time entries to enable drafting of legal bills as necessary for partner review and summary memoranda to clients.
- Research and investigate time entry narratives for appropriateness as necessary.
- Submit invoices electronically to the various e-billing sites.
- Liaison between partners, clients, and billing support staff to finalize, render and submit invoices to clients.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the firm’s information security policies, protecting firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail skills
- Good organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Strong time management skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to deal with all levels of firm personnel
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $65,000.00-$90,000.00, depending on experience
Date Active: 2.2.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt