New York, NY or Washington, DC
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of billing for assigned attorneys and clients; including interfacing with attorneys; reviewing, editing and processing prebills; monitoring pricing and rates; preparing final invoices; maintaining records on client requests; providing reports; and assisting with collection of accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews, edits, and processes prebills; prepares final invoices for transmittal to clients.
- Reviews and monitors rates and pricing.
- Reviews and updates daily, monthly, and quarterly reports; performs reconciliations and adjustments.
- Processes reminder statements and assists with collections; responds to client inquiries.
- Maintains bill profiles on client billing requirements, maintains filing systems according to firm policies and procedures.
- Maintains and disseminates information on special client time reporting and billing requirements; assists assigned attorneys with miscellaneous billing and collection matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma required; college degree preferred, including courses in Accounting and/or Finance.
Experience: Two year’s billing experience, preferably in a law firm or other large professional services organization.
Special Knowledge: Aderant experience, or comparable accounting software; MS Office, including Word and Excel; 10-key calculator.
Technical Skills: Competent on the keyboard. Proficient in using Microsoft Office Outlook and Word, with working knowledge of Excel
Attributes: Resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully. Provide excellent customer service and able to plan and prioritize work effectively. Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, and the ability to adapt well to change.
Other Qualifications: Able to maintain confidential information.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Occasional overtime may be required.
*The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and skills required of personnel so classified. The firm reserves the right to revise or modify this job description at any time.
Salary: Highly competitive above market salary
Date Active: 10.13.2020
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt