Los Angeles, CA
The Billing Assistant will provide billing and administrative support to Billing Specialists and Billing Managers. The position provides exposure/opportunities to learn the firm’s billing operations and to interact with the firm’s lawyers, secretaries and other accounting departments. This individual must be flexible, well organized, detail oriented and deadline focused.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform invoice maintenance as directed by Billing Specialists. This may include but is not limited to: narrative edits, time transfers, invoice splitting and cost exception updates.
- Prepare and print draft bills, and other client reports as necessary.
- Assist with the printing, sorting and routing of monthly proformas.
- Upload electronic invoices upon request and ensure processing is accurate and efficient. Monitor the status of the electronic invoices to ensure the invoice is moving towards approval and payment. As needed, submit appeals through the electronic billing systems.
- Submit accrual estimates and billing rates/fee offers in the electronic billing systems.
- Follow up with attorneys as requested by Billing Specialists or the Billing Manager.
- Provide high levels of customer service to attorneys, staff, vendors, and clients of the firm while observing confidentiality of client and firm matters.
- Perform various administrative duties such as duplicating, mailing, proofreading and scanning of invoice packets.
- Serve as the billing point person for a small portfolio of client and billing partners, with oversight by the Billing Supervisor and Manager.
- Assist with special projects which will include, among other projects, testing related to system upgrades or conversions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience working in an office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Previous law firm or professional services firm experience
- Experience with 3E and ebilling Hub
Other Skills and Abilities
- The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Proofreads accurately
- Customer service skills
In Southern California, the estimated target salary range of this role is $63,000 – $83,000, in addition to bonus eligibility and a comprehensive benefit package. Salary determinations are made based on numerous factors, such as, but not limited to, the relevant market and the skill, experience, class or graduation year, and education of the selected candidate.
Salary: $63,000 – $83,000
Date Active: 4.24.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt