San Francisco, CA
An Am Law 50 law firm with offices worldwide, has an opening for a Benefits Specialist within their Human Resources Department in their San Francisco office. They believe benefits are an important part of an employee’s recognition and engagement. Join this dynamic team in managing and expanding their market leading benefits program.
- Coordinate with other members of the Benefits Department to administer all health and welfare benefit plans.
- Compile, analyze and maintain data to support and measure plan strategies and cost effectiveness and recommend plan design changes
- Partner with team members, brokers and vendors to provide a high level of benefits customer service.
- Manage in internal and external benefit plan audits and compliance reviews.
- Research the market for benefits best practices; perform benchmarking analyses and evaluate emerging market trends.
- Act as a benefits consultant in identifying opportunities to streamline, redesign and implement process flow enhancements leading to reduced risk.
- Develop benefits communication materials and trainings for new and ongoing programs.
- Coordinate with Benefits Team to draft benefit policies and policy communications.
- Partner with Finance Analysts to manage benefits GL allocations and conduct monthly budget reconciliations.
- Leave administration.
- Manage and expand the use of all vendor relationships for increased client service of the health and welfare benefits. Including claims resolution, reconciliation of monthly billing statements, including troubleshooting and problem solving of data.
- Responsible for data maintenance, integrity and regular data audits.
- Responsible for high-level executive/partner benefits invoicing.
- Partner with Director of Benefits & Compensation to manage RFP and contract process for specific projects.
- 5+ years’ experience in benefit plan design and implementation/administration of employee benefits with increasing responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- CEBS, CBP, or other equally relevant designation is a plus.
- Knowledge of benefits market to gather data and perform analysis.
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts and maintaining vendor relationships.
- General knowledge of tax laws and implications with respect to benefit plans.
- Ability to define and solve problems by using judgment and critical thinking, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions.
- Ability to identify, recommend and act on process improvements among responsibilities managed to create efficiencies.
- Strong customer service skills.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 1.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt