Boston, MA, New York, NY or Washington, DC
Acts as the liaison between attorneys, clients and auditors in connection with the reporting of information relating to matters in which the Firm has been engaged to give substantive attention to, or represents clients in connection with, that might result in a material loss contingency as defined in the ABA Statement of Policy Regarding Lawyers’ Responses to Auditors’ Request for Information.
- Drafts, circulates re-drafts and finalizes annual audit response letters and periodic update letters to auditors utilizing the Firm’s Automated Audit Response system. Ensures audit response letter requests are answered in compliance with the Firm’s policies and procedures
- Manages and supervises audit response letter requests to ensure timely responses.
- Works closely with lawyers in all departments to ensure that reported information is accurate and in compliance with the ABA Statement of Policy Regarding Lawyers Responses to Auditors’ Request for Information.
- Works closely with lawyers to ensure that reported information for each of the Firm’s public company clients is consistent with what has been or will be disclosed.
- Supervises paralegals and project assistants assigned to provide back-up support with the annual audit letter process.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Proven ability and interest in learning new technology in an everchanging, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to details and organization skills.
- Ability to clearly organize, plan, and prepare for both short and long-term projects with shifting priorities and time sensitivities.
- Ability to work optimally, both independently and collaboratively, as part of a team and show dedication to the team, clients, and the Firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in writing and ensure communications are timely and appropriate; to listen and accurately interpret others’ expectations, ideas, and concerns; to raise questions professionally and purposefully; to seek and be open to regular feedback.
- Ability to approach each task/assignment/project in a solution-oriented manner.
- Must be available to work overtime during busy seasons.
- BA/BS Preferred
- Two years minimum experience working in a legal environment.
- Experience processing audit letters preferred.
Salary: Highly competitive
Date Active: 5.3.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt