New York, NY
A premier, global, law firm, is currently seeking a professional and highly-motivated assistant to support a partner and associates in our New York office. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can manage competing priorities and who will provide our attorneys and clients with a superior level of technical and administrative support. Essential job functions include calendar management, coordinating travel, meetings and conference calls, heavy phone work and client interaction.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Coordinate complex, senior-level internal/external meetings and conference calls.
- Handle a high volume of phone calls.
- Respond and follow up on client requests.
- Maintain complex and extremely detailed calendars and prioritizes meeting requests and related logistics.
- Coordinate a high volume of domestic and international travel arrangements and processes business requests.
- Proofread and make revisions to documents as requested.
- Enter attorney time.
- Create, revise and format legal documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Conduct internet research as directed by attorneys.
- Establish and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Interface and establish ongoing positive business relationships with clients.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 5+ years of experience in a support capacity within a law firm, other legal or similar environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong initiative; ability to exercise sound judgment, work independently and make decisions on behalf of attorneys.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; has the ability to work with different personalities in high-pressure situations.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple priorities.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills; strong attention to detail.
- Team player; works well under pressure.
- Knowledge of Big Law or legal highly preferred.
- Demonstrates proficiency in all basic, advanced and legal specific applications.
- Demonstrates desire and ability to learn new technology and willingness to share knowledge to assist others.
- High School degree required.
- College degree strongly preferred.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 8.4.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt