- Participates in the strategic planning for summer program recruiting, entry-level hiring and lateral attorney hiring.
- Manages regional on-campus interview dates at law schools including some coordination of firm-wide schedules.
- Maintains communications and relationships with Law School Placement Offices.
- Prepares descriptive information provided to law schools and applicants, including NALP Forms and other reports.
- Serves as liaison between the firm and each student, judicial clerk or lateral candidate during the interview process.
- Manages on-campus interview program and in-office interviews with applicants.
- Manages summer associate program, including social activities, evaluation process, office assignments and other administrative arrangements.
- Organizes training materials and sessions for on-campus interview teams.
- Assists with pre-screening of candidates for on-campus interviews.
- Prepares or reviews all descriptive information on the firm provided to applicants and law schools. •Assists with the scheduling of special social events, cocktail parties, and dinners in connection with the on-campus interview process.
- Responsible for the Charlotte, Dallas & Research Triangle recruiting budgets.
- Meets with Hiring Partner and on-campus interview teams regarding candidates to call back for callback interviews.
- Supervises the preparation of interview schedules for summer associate candidates, entry-level and judicial clerk candidates and lateral candidates.
- Greets applicants during office interviews.
- Supervises the regional office summer associate program, including performance reviews. •Coordinates follow-up efforts with candidates to whom offers have been extended, including fall on-campus interview candidates, summer associates and lateral applicants.
- Oversees the coordination, preparation of materials and the agenda for the fall Hiring Committee meetings.
- Supervises and participates in the planning and coordination of summer associate program social events.
- Attends the key summer associate program events.
- Prepares and maintains records of applicant status and year-end statistical reports Prepares status reports for the Chief Legal Talent Partner, Hiring Partner and Director.
- Maintains communications and relationships with Legal Search Consultants.
- Identifies candidates, with the assistance of attorney practice group leaders, for lateral attorney openings, arranges interviews as appropriate.
- Manages procedures for obtaining proper approval for newly identified lateral searches.
- Manages the lateral interview process including approval for offers, assuring that conflict checks and other due diligence are conducted.
- Attends Hiring Committee and Summer Program Committee meetings.
- Serves as a member of the National Association of Law Placement.
- Other duties as requested by the Director and Chief Legal Talent Partner.
Skills Needed to be Successful
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Works as a team member and shows respect for co-workers.
- Commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
- Ability to effectively handle telephone contacts with candidates and agencies.
- Thorough knowledge of Firm standards, practices and procedures to effectively meet Department needs.
- Thorough organizational skills for prioritizing workload and recruiting efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure and deal with demanding deadlines; strong attention to detail and team-oriented attitude.
- Advanced knowledge of PC applications, including the entire suite of MS Office applications (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelors’ Degree and 3-5 years previous recruiting experience. Experience in law firm or professional services setting preferred.
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt