New York, NY
Your primary focus will be driving brand recognition and market visibility for the New York Litigation Practice. Additionally, you will support NY Litigation business development activity, and other marketing/business development projects to further promote the firm’s nationwide brand under the direction of the Senior Litigation Business Development Manager (Senior BDM).
- Work with the Senior BDM and Litigation Practice management to identify priorities for market visibility and brand recognition; set and operationalize the strategy to advance those priorities. Tactics may include hosting and attending events, sponsoring conferences, coordinating social media campaigns, working with PR, and sourcing speaking engagements, to name a few.
- Create tailored marketing campaigns to best leverage sponsorships and speaking engagements.
- Support the NY Litigation attorneys in the sales process by managing the day-to-day pitch requests and RFP responses. This role will support the Senior BDM in preparing the firm’s response for strategic pitches and RFPs.
- Respond to various ranking and recognition surveys such as Chambers, Best Law Firms, Legal 500, and Benchmark Litigation.
- Work with Practice Chairs to manage the day-to-day needs of several of the Section’s priority practices including White Collar & Investigations and Insurance & Reinsurance.
- Advise attorneys on promoting their personal brand both internally and externally through social media, cross-practice collaboration, and participation in committees or boards.
- Work closely with the PR team to drive opportunity and visibility for Litigation practitioners in various third party publications.
- Collect and maintain experience so that our most relevant experience appears on the website and in pitches and other collateral materials.
- Work with the Senior BDM and Boston-based ABDM to provide guidance and mentorship to BD Specialist.
- Create case studies for our most impressive client work and obtain client testimonials and logo permissions, where appropriate.
- Support integration efforts for new lateral attorneys hired into the Litigation practice.
- Assist in budget preparation and strategic planning discussions.
- Collaborate with Finance and Marketing Tech teams to use firm data (client financials, pitch activity) and tech platforms (CRM) to effectively inform and report on sales and client development activity and actions.
- Work with fellow Litigation ABDM and Senior BDM to achieve the goals established by the Chief Marketing Officer and Director of Business Development.
- Assume additional responsibilities as requested.
- This role requires 60% in office presence; remote work is permissible 40% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of work experience in business development, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Previous experience preparing rankings and award submissions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with stressful deadlines and high expectations for attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Outstanding client service mentality.
- Ability to partner with attorneys and develop consultative role/advisory relationship, including the ability to influence.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities.
- Ability to see the big picture and operationalize a plan that includes attention to detail and the ability to execute through to completion.
- Strong analytical abilities when it comes to studying industry and market trends, data analytics, client financials.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with people with varying communications styles.
- Strong planning, project management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, responsive, a team player, and dedicated to producing the highest quality work product.
- Ability to collaborate and gain the respect, trust, and confidence of the Firm’s attorneys and professional staff.
- Possess a “hands-on” tactical approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in using CRM, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- General knowledge of social media platforms.
- Deep personal commitment to integrity, excellent judgment, and the highest standards of ethics.
- Must display the highest level of diplomacy, tact and discretion, with comfort in handling and maintaining confidential information.
- Ability to travel 10% or more and based on the needs of the position.
The salary range for this position in NY is $120,000 to $135,000. This position is bonus eligible.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package.
This job description is a general description of the types of responsibilities that are required of an individual in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of the responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required for this job.
Salary: $120,000 to $135,000
Date Active: 9.21.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt