Your primary focus will be driving brand recognition and market visibility for the IP Litigation Practice. Additionally, you will support IP Litigation business development activity, and other marketing/business development projects under the direction of the Business Development Manager-Intellectual Property.
- Work with the IP BDM and IP Litigation Practice management to identify priorities for market visibility and brand recognition; set and operationalize the strategy to advance those priorities. Tactics may include hosting and attending events, sponsoring conferences, coordinating social media campaigns, working with PR, and sourcing speaking engagements, to name a few.
- Create tailored marketing campaigns to best leverage sponsorships and speaking engagements.
- Advise attorneys on promoting their personal brand both internally and externally through social media, cross-practice collaboration, and participation in committees or boards
- Work closely with the PR team to drive opportunity and visibility for IP Litigation practitioners in various third party publications
- Collaborate with the IP Editorial Board and IP Section leadership to promote increased authorship in strategically identified topics.
- Promote use of social media to increase our presence on social platforms for IP Lit generally and for IP Lit practitioners individually.
- Respond to various ranking and recognition surveys such as Chambers, Best Law Firms, IAM 1000, Managing Intellectual Property, and others, emphasizing IP Lit experience and accomplishments.
- Collect and maintain IP Lit experience so that our most relevant experience appears on the website and in pitches and other collateral materials.
- Create case studies for our most impressive client work and obtain client testimonials and logo permissions, where appropriate.
- Support the BDM in the sales process and assist with responding to RFPs and creating customized pitch decks.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Tech team to ensure our mailing lists include our IP Lit clients and targets.
- Assist in budget preparation and strategic planning discussions.
- Collaborate with Finance and Marketing Tech teams to use firm data (client financials, pitch activity) and tech platforms (CRM) to effectively inform and report on sales and client development activity and actions.
- Support integration efforts for new lateral attorneys hired into the IP Lit practice.
- Work with section management to set practice group meeting agendas, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 5+ years of work experience in business development, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with stressful deadlines and high expectations for attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Outstanding client service mentality.
- Ability to partner with attorneys and develop consultative role/advisory relationship, including the ability to influence.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities.
- Ability to see the big picture and operationalize a plan that includes attention to detail and the ability to execute through to completion.
- Strong analytical abilities when it comes to studying industry and market trends, data analytics, client financials.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with people with varying communications styles.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, responsive, a team player, and dedicated to producing the highest quality work product.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in using CRM, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- General knowledge of social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional manner with colleagues at all levels of the firm.
- Ability to travel 10% or more and based on the needs of the position.
Salary: Market compensation
Date Active: 8.19.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt