New York, NY or Boston, MA
Your primary focus will be driving business development and market visibility for the Employment, Labor & Benefits practice and support select business development initiatives that are litigation-related.
- Work with Employment, Labor & Benefits attorneys to expand existing client relationships and develop new client relationships.
- Understand the sales cycle and coach attorneys on lead development, pitching, and follow-up. As part of this process, understand how to develop pitch materials that are targeted and supportive of the sales process.
- Collaborate with Finance and Marketing Tech teams to use firm data (client financials, pitch activity) and tech platforms (CRM) to effectively inform and report on sales and client development activity and actions.
- Collaborate with key departments across the firm (including diversity and inclusion, pricing, IT, etc.) to support client needs.
Marketing & Profile Raising
- Work with practice/section management to develop and operationalize the strategy for profile raising and market visibility. Tactics may include running webinars, events and annual client summits, sponsoring conferences, and sourcing speaking engagements, to name a few.
- Work closely with the PR team to drive opportunity and visibility for attorneys in various third party publications.
- Respond to various ranking and recognition surveys such as Chambers, Best Law Firms, Legal 500, and others.
- Collect and maintain experience so that our most relevant experience appears on the website and in pitches and other collateral materials.
- Create case studies for our most impressive client work and obtain client testimonials and logo permissions, where appropriate.
- Collaborate with our Marketing Tech team to ensure our mailing lists include our clients and targets.
- Support integration efforts for all new lateral attorneys hired into your section/practices.
- Work with section management to set practice group meetings and agendas.
- Work with section management to create and manage the practice budget and strategic planning discussions.
- Work with and motivate a Business Development Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with 7+ years of work experience in business development, preferably in a law firm or professional services environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with stressful deadlines and high expectations for attention to detail and quality of work product.
- Outstanding client service mentality.
- Ability to partner with attorneys and develop consultative role/advisory relationship, including the ability to influence.
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities.
- Ability to see the big picture and operationalize a plan that includes attention to detail and the ability to execute through to completion.
- Strong analytical abilities when it comes to studying industry and market trends, data analytics, client financials.
- Ability to work as part of a team and with people with varying communications styles.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, responsive, a team player, and dedicated to producing the highest quality work product.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communications skills.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in using CRM, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- General knowledge of social media platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a professional manner with colleagues at all levels of the firm.
- Ability to travel 10% or more and based on the needs of the position (post pandemic and as needed).
Salary: Highly competitive based on experience
Date Active: 5.19.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt