New York, NY
The Assistant , Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) is responsible for providing general administrative support to the firm’s D&I team. This requires good judgement, strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills, as well as a strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. The assistant will regularly interface with partners, other lawyers, business leaders and colleagues across the firm. The assistant must be personable, professional, flexible and able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Manage and maintain calendars in Outlook for busy executives and professionals.
- Schedule and coordinate internal/external meetings with high level executives, partners, lawyers and business services colleagues. Coordinate meeting logistics, including but not limited to agendas, Zoom/conference calls, video conferences and conference room bookings.
- Use Word, Excel and PowerPoint to create, edit, format and proofread letters, presentations, surveys, emails, reports and other documents as necessary. Transcribe sensitive demographic and financial data.
- Liaise with Relationship Partners, Inclusion Networks, Global Diversity & Inclusion Task Force, Business Services leaders and potentially external guests and clients.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other departments, including but not limited to Marketing & Business Development, Professional Development, Supplier Diversity; Legal Recruiting and Pro Bono.
- Effectively answer, track, forward and respond to phone calls for the D&I team; interact professionally with internal staff and external contacts at all times and promptly respond to requests with accuracy and a courteous demeanor.
- Assist in planning and staffing events that may occur before, after or during business hours.
- Maintain the department’s budget and billing, track expenses and create expense reports, as well as maintain other confidential files.
- Manage sponsorships, check requests, and corresponding internal and external communications.
- Initiate ad requests with the Marketing Department.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for D&I team members, as needed.
- Manage various administrative duties, including but not limited to photocopying, filing, scanning, faxing and printing, etc.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned, particularly in support of other legal talent functions at the firm.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Leverage strong day-to-day organizational skills and attention to detail to balance conflicting priorities, manage workflow, meet deadlines and deliver a flawless work product. Determine the appropriate allocation of time to tasks and assignments.
- Utilize analytical skills and a broad understanding of the business to effectively interpret and anticipate needs; proactively prevent problems by trouble-shooting early and taking action and seeking clarification when needed.
- Demonstrate flexibility and maintain composure and positive demeanor in the face of rapidly changing demands and shifting priorities. Display high degree of discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Exhibit strong communication skills including the ability to speak with confidence using clear, concise sentences and the ability to produce well thought-out, professional correspondence free of grammatical and spelling errors— as well as active listening skills.
- Work as a contributing member of the team, willingly providing back-up support for co-workers when appropriate and actively supporting group goals.
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to make reasonable decisions in a fast-paced work environment and in the absence of direction; swiftly refer problems/issues to the appropriate person(s) when necessary; and work effectively without constant or direct supervision or guidance.
- Display proficiency using standard office equipment, e.g. computer, MS Office Suite, photocopier, scanner, etc., and demonstrate advanced proficiency by quickly adapting to new technology and effectively acquiring new skills.
Education & Experience
- College degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience supporting high level executive(s) and/or senior management in a fast pace, mid-to-large sized legal or other professional services organization.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 3.2.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt