New York, NY
A leading global law firm with offices in 26 key business centers across the Americas, Asia, Europe and the Middle East is seeking an Assigned Secretary (Corporate) for their New York office. They are a collegial, collaborative and diverse firm where highly motivated individuals with an unwavering commitment to excellence receive the opportunity, support and development they need to grow, thrive and realize their greatest potential.
If you enjoy working with team members whose defining characteristics are achievement, initiative, professionalism, responsiveness and adaptability, you may be the person they are seeking to join their Secretarial department in New York as an Assigned Secretary.
- Provides Secretarial Support to Attorneys in a particular practice or department, with responsibilities including, but not limited, to:
- Screens and routes telephone calls, reviews and transcribes voicemails, responds to routine inquiries
- Opens, sorts and processes attorney mail
- Manages attorney emails in Outlook which includes reviewing, drafting, sending and printing emails
- Manages Outlook calendar on behalf of attorneys
- Creates and maintains client contacts in Outlook and InterAction
- Prepares and distributes correspondence and other documents using excellent proofreading and formatting skills with the ability to offer support and suggestions relative to grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Manages projects and coordinates distribution with the ability to use firm resources to delegate tasks in the successful completion of such projects; interacts with other departments and facets of the office, when appropriate, to coordinate larger scale projects (such as word processing and duplicating)
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and/or conferences, interacts with facilities and catering and manages all other details of the meeting
- Coordinates conflict check and new matter memo process
- Coordinates travel arrangements and prepares expense reports
- Completes time entry on behalf of attorneys
- Organizes and maintains legal correspondence and document files and utilizes Legal Key
- Manages review and distribution of draft and final client bills which includes communication with attorneys and accounting representative relative to completion of bill
- Completes various other assigned administrative tasks such as photocopying, printing, scan documents to PDF and save to FileSite, faxes, creating labels, etc.
- Performs accurately and in a timely fashion all word processing functions in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and exhibits the ability to learn new programs and processes quickly and efficiently
- Work with Supervisor to coordinate overflow work, arrange desk coverage and escalate items/issues that need immediate attention and/or resolution
- Participation in projects and/or pilot programs as requested
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered in lieu of the degree when the experience has been directly related to the functions of the job
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience
- The ideal candidate for this position will be someone with experience as an executive assistant in a legal or financial environment. The candidate will have the confidence and strong technical and administrative skills to proactively manage duties and responsibilities for the team in an organized, efficient manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment and effectively support the demanding needs of the Firm
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines with shifting priorities
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Strong customer service skills, able to anticipate needs and exercise independent judgment (for exempt roles, when applicable)
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
- Maintains confidentiality and exercises discretion
- Exercises solid strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- May require occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs.
- Firm offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision/life/and AD&D insurance, 401 (k) savings plan, back-up childcare and eldercare, generous paid time off (PTO), as well as opportunities for professional development and growth. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.6.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt