New York, NY
Work closely with the Firm’s internal Compliance staff and Partners to review Client Outside Counsel Guidelines and prepare/discuss the Firm’s response. Work closely with the Firm’s Marketing/BD teams and Partners to evaluate Pricing/Discount related requests within RFP’s and client Pitches. Work closely with Sr. Manager, Client Accounting to ensure that Client billing agreements and rates are kept up to date, appropriately approved and documented, and are correctly implemented within the Firm’s financial system.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential Functions
- Thoroughly review and provide guidance on firm response to client Outside Counsel Guidelines and other client engagement terms.
- Review and summarize issues for relationship partner, CFO, and other relevant parties.
- Ensure that all agreed financial terms are properly approved, documented, and communicated to the appropriate Finance/Billing teams.
- Ensure billing rate and discount compliance. Prepare, distribute and analyze related reporting.
- Support and directly participate in client rate and pricing negotiations, in relation to RFI/RFP response processes and client pitches/proposals.
- Proactively address rate agreement expiration and renewals with relationship partners in a timely manner, prior to current agreement expiration.
- Conduct key analyses and provide reporting in connection with the firm’s annual review of billing rates.
- Provide assistance with loading billing rates for new timekeepers and with administering the movement in billing rate for existing timekeepers (annual progressions, promotions, and rate increases).
- Track and report performance of Alternative Fee Agreements on a monthly basis.
- Track and implement volume discounts.
- Help to train and mentor new client accounting staff.
- Ad Hoc projects, including testing/evaluating financial system upgrades, and evaluating/implementing new systems in related areas.
- Any additional responsibilities as required by management.
Knowledge Skills and Ability
- Precise financial, mathematical, and analytical capabilities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication with polished presentation skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and PowerPoint.
- 5+ years of law firm billing experience.
- Elite 3E software knowledge a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and work experience required.
- Advanced degree in a related area (i.e., MBA) is a plus.
Salary: $90,000.00-$120,000.00, dependent on experience
Date Active: 9.6.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt