New York, NY
The Accounting Operations Manager is responsible for oversight of the firm’s disbursement functions including Travel and Expense Reimbursements, Accounts Payable, and Vendor Relations. This role also supports the Partner Compensation function.
- Manage Accounts Payable and T&E functions ensuring that best practices are leveraged throughout.
- Manage all employees in the department, providing performance plans and annual feedback.
- Oversee management of the Chrome River Invoice and Expense systems, including evaluation of new features for implementation.
- Oversee Accounts Payable vendor on-boarding process, which includes making contact with prospective vendors, collecting on-boarding information, and ensuring that the Accounts Payable team has the proper information to input into the vendor master file.
- Responsible for Partner capital accounts, ensuring that accurate schedules for contributions are maintained.
- Assist with calculations related to partner distributions and ensure all transactions are properly recorded in the general ledger.
- Liaise with Tax department to ensure tax payments made on behalf of partners are accurately attributed to them in the Partners’ database.
- Reconcile Partner’s equity accounts monthly, ensuring all transactions are properly recorded. Propose and enter adjusting entries as needed.
- Manage electronic payment programs including the American Express P-card program.
- Document standard processes, create resource materials and facilitate end-user training as needed.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and participate in special projects as needed by management.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Capable of managing a team effectively, including the ability to train and motivate team members.
- Professional demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong Excel skills including data organization and manipulation.
- Comfortable with technology and able to master new applications quickly.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- 5-7 years of experience in an accounting role with some supervisory experience.
- Law firm or professional services experience preferred. Aderant experience a plus.
Date Active: 2.6.2023
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt