The Business Development Senior Manager will help develop the business development plans and the strategies and tools to execute on the plans. S/he will help shape the strategic positioning for the practice(s) within the context of the firm brand. This includes supporting client relationship building initiatives, facilitating cross-selling opportunities with other practice groups and lead generation.
The Senior Manager will also have managerial and mentoring responsibility for the Business Development team member(s) working with the practices s/he supports. This position involves working closely with attorneys and other members of the Global Business Development team.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Helping Partners develop and execute individual business development plans and contributing to the Business Development plans of the practice groups; ensuring strategies and tactics are proactively adjusted as market conditions change;
- Maintaining a pipeline of opportunities; tracking results of pitches and proposals; providing timely ideas and other support to ensure consistent progress towards achieving business development goals;
- Gathering intelligence using internal and external data sources on firm clients, targets and market trends to provide attorneys with an understanding of the competitive landscape to position the firm for increased effectiveness in winning new business;
- Proactively identifying business development opportunities by keeping abreast of news in the market about the firm’s clients/prospects and then proactively communicating lead generation opportunities to the attorneys;
- Preparing pitches, presentations, RFP responses, background briefing materials and general practice credentials, as well as serving as the lead business development point person in preparing such materials;
- Providing structure and support to cross-selling initiatives, including client teams, client feedback interviews and through internal communications that promote recent successes and other relevant developments;
- Managing profile raising opportunities which include submissions to directories and rankings, and working collaboratively with the PR team on award submissions;
- Proactively identify speaking and sponsorship opportunities;
- Liaising with Events and Communications teams on internal and external events, website content and other practice-specific content.
- 10+ years of relevant business development experience, and knowledge of, or experience with, litigation. Law firm/professional services or marketing experience is highly desirable.
- The position requires a high-energy and motivated team player who is also able to work independently as the business development point person for partners. The individual must be able to adapt to change, balance competing demands and manage demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Proven work experience as a manager;
- Possess strong knowledge of Antitrust practice;
- Proactive business development professional who can lead activity rather than simply taking ideas and delivering;
- Confident, persuasive and assertive; capable of building trust amongst the partnership;
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent analytical and research skills and the ability to process information from a wide variety of sources;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and an extraordinary attention to detail;
- Strong computer skills with various Microsoft programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Expected to monitor emails outside of normal business hours and be available as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, liberal arts or related field desired.
Salary: up to $215k based on experience
Date Active: 9.21.2022
Exempt/Not Exempt: Exempt