Professional Development Coordinator
New York, NY
The Coordinator will report to the firm’s Director of Professional Development and Professional Development Senior Manager for the litigation & restructuring departments. The Coordinator will play a key role in ensuring that the firm’s training programs, projects, and initiatives are conducted in a professional manner and that the services delivered are of the highest quality.
Under the direction of the Director of Professional Development and the Senior Professional Development Manager, the Coordinator will:
- Coordinate logistics for firm-wide training programs, with a focus on the litigation and restructuring departments, including creating invitations, reminders, Zoom links, room reservations, catering orders, copy requests, etc. Attend and monitor live training programs.
- Assist in managing the Professional Development & Training Department’s training calendars and schedules in real time, working closely with other Firm departments.
- Create and update department files in real time, including attendance tracking charts and program lists.
- Draft continuing legal education (“CLE”) compliance documents, including sign-in sheets, affirmation forms, timed agendas, evaluation forms, etc. Input CLE credit information into the firm’s CLE tracking software. Collaborate with the firm’s CLE Administrator on updates, as necessary.
- Serve as the Department liaison to the Pro Bono and Inclusion teams to support their CLE needs.
- Maintain internal training library of recordings.
- Help to brainstorm and implement improved processes for remote programming, tracking institutional knowledge around past training programs, feedback collection, etc.
- Assist in responding to attorney questions about training and development resources.
- Collaborate with the firm’s technology and audio/visual departments and assist in new tech adoption initiatives in support of other duties.
- Handle department administrative tasks, including “one-off” projects, as needed.
- Serve as general back-up support to other Coordinators, Managers, Directors and Chief for all programs and events.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2+ years of administrative experience in a professional services firm. Experience in training and development, legal personnel, recruitment, inclusion, or other talent management roles a plus.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, including exceptional attention to detail, precision, and follow-up.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with attorneys and Operations Team members throughout the firm.
- Highly motivated self-starter, strong work ethic, enthusiastic “can-do” attitude and eagerness to take ownership of job responsibilities and help the larger team, as necessary.
- Flexibility, responsiveness, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, client-focused environment.
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Zoom essential.
- Familiarity with (or interest in learning) New York State and other jurisdictions’ CLE rules a plus.
Salary: Highly competitive above market compensation
Date Active: 12.20.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt