New York, NY
The Conflicts Analyst will be responsible for assisting Conflicts Attorney(s) with the identification and resolution of potential conflict issues. This position will perform a first review of conflicts of interest forms and reports for new business and lawyers joining the Firm, flagging potential issues, as appropriate. The Analyst will also assist with the implementation of screens as appropriate and track progress of the conflict resolution process for new lawyers.
- Assists with review of conflicts reports for new business and new attorney and staff hires.
- Provides Conflicts Attorney(s) with initial reviews and summaries of results of conflicts reviews.
- Performs company business review of potential clients using external online resources and show appropriate judgment on relevant information to include in evaluation reports.
- Work with conflicts attorney to implement screening requirements as directed.
- Maintains accurate tracking records and completes all conflicts review projects undertaken within the Firm in a timely fashion.
- Update/Maintain standard party/corporate family links in conflicts database.
- Perform special projects as needed.
- Provide on-call coverage when assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant conflict experience, preferably at a major law firm
- Knowledge of rules of professional responsibility.
- Thorough working knowledge of PC, word processing programs and database functionality.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills. Strong legal, analytical, and research skills as well as strong attention to detail.
- Displays good judgment and interpersonal communication skills and ability to effectively multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job.
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Date Active: 10.19.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt