New York, NY
New York office of a premier, forward thinking, global law firm has an opening for a Senior Paralegal with experience in Intellectual Property Litigation. The Senior Paralegal applies Litigation knowledge of legal procedures to provide fundamental assistance to lawyers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Perform daily case management tasks, including organizing and saving key case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, expert materials, and client documents;
- Assist attorney team with organization and maintenance of case documents, and routine monitoring of case dockets and patent activity;
- Assist with factual research in internal and external databases and coordinate with research services staff;
- Assist with deposition, hearing and trial preparation;
- Coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services;
- Work overtime as required; and
- Handle additional projects as assigned.
- 5+ years of Litigation Paralegal experience (Intellectual Property Litigation experience required); Hatch-Waxman experience (preferred);
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor’s Degree (preferred);
- Fundamental proficiency and understanding of the lifecycle of a litigation and working knowledge of key documents related to a litigation including, but not limited to, case correspondence, pleadings, discovery, depositions, expert discovery, trial and appellate documents;
- Advanced proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Acrobat Adobe;
- Fundamental proficiency in software including, but not limited to, MS PowerPoint, LiveNote, Case Notebook, Relativity and FTP software (FileZilla);
- Fundamental proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to manage competing deadlines and assignments;
- Fundamental knowledge of Firm and Intellectual Property Litigation practice-area-specific procedures and terminology;
- Fundamental to Advanced knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures, including knowledge of Federal court practices, local rules and deadlines; and
- Fundamental knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications.
- All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
Salary: Highly competitive above market merit based compensation
Date Active: 7.28.2021
Exempt/Not Exempt: Non-Exempt